Just wondering.....

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1158
I have a 2004 Dodge Neon SXT, and I was wondering, since the back seats fold down, could I just make a piece of MDF to fit across the back part of the trunk, cut holes in it to fit 2 subs behind the seats, facin toward the front, and install an amp on the side of the trunk, in other words basically using my trunk as the box, with the subs facing into the the car and fold down the back seats when I wanted to play them?
If this is possible, it would make things a LOT easier as far as getting out my spare tire when I need it, cause it was a real pain when I had a box with 2 subs sitting in the trunk....
so guys, what do you think?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1159
bump @ 4:21 am....lol

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1105
from experience, barely anyone is online at night. I'm always on, sorry I can't help though. And man your from the east up this late lmao. Usually people who live in the east, when its about time for me to go home, people like Muddy come on and start posting already. Uhh I'm talking nonsense. Later =).

Gold Member

Post Number: 1160
bump again...come on please answer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1161
LOUISANA is not the East....its in the Central Time zone...of course almost anywhere is east from CA

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1850
i bet u could do it, but it would be a hassle trying to find out how much cu ft. of space you had and keeping that piece of mdf supported

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 595
depends on the subs I would assume. If you only need 2^3ft per sub that would probably be too big but if you need 4-5^3ft per sub, that MIGHT work

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

Comp Vr H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 810
it could work just use more then two subs...use three i think it would work then...like maybe 3 12"cvrs idk

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 598
I dont know how it would be b/c the truck isnt air tight... I dunno there are ways that it would and ways it wouldnt. i think you would have to find someone that has done it or tried to do it before

Gold Member

Post Number: 1165
I was thinking 10 inch subs, so maybe I could put more than 2. As for holding the MDF in place, when the back seats are folded down, there is still some of the back of the trunk on each side still there that I could screw the MDF to. Guess I should measure my trunk to see how big it is...so I could figure out which subs to use...be back later
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us