My new db score

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7366
not much different than the first time.

145.5 burp. only 2 people in my class and the other guy hit 145 so i took first place.

144.2 playing music. i re-ran the qualifying so i qualify for 130-139 class of bass race. i won that even too with a score of 139.6.

looks like i have a month and a half to build another box cause i really want that 150db.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 811
Very NICE.. now 150+DB here you come

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1091
Wish I could of went, I wanted to take pictures with those trophies and ly to my friends I won the dB drag . Oh well, I bet you had fun on bassrace huh lmao. Thats a better bassrace score than the one before.

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois USA

Post Number: 142
Chad Lee YOU ARE MY IDOL!!!! GOOD JOB BUDDY!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 255
what song did u play

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7368
thanks guys. lol. i had a lot of fun there.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7370
i played "da blow" by lil jon. thanks to drivingreckless for recommending me that song.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3093
nice job chad man im still proud of u lol nice bassrace score though especially the 139.6 i like it thats hard to do lol

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9976
NICE !

ya u def need a SPL only box 2 get some real high numbers - make it urself this time ......

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7371
thanks.

yeah rovin i am gonna build another box but maily for bass race. i want to be in the 140-149 class bass race next time. i might just do a box with interchangeable ports.

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

15in re sx, Il Us

Post Number: 408
did u run a sweep this time?

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 280
Whats the difference in a bass race and like db drags or UsacI?? I know I am pitiful!!!LMAO

Silver Member

Post Number: 281
Hey, do you want to sell the box you have??

Silver Member

Post Number: 282
HEY CHAD,
What set-up are you running and what kind of vehicle do you have?

Silver Member

Post Number: 283
HELLO!!

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7372
2 btl 15s with 2 orion 2500d. i have a honda accord coupe. took out the backseat to put the box.

you don't want my box. it is custom made to fit my car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
Hey, I have a full size van!!LOL if it would help that monster, I need it!! So, how do you like the BTL'S? Also, at a bass race, do you use thier cd's or do you bring your own? Do they just meter every car and the top numbers win? Since you took your seat out does that put you in a different class? I am trying to sell my van, maybe buy a suv! Jeep cherokee, or a Blazer! I want SPL SOUND!! I am having DT'sLOL Ihave 2 12inch opti's 1 OPti2000 at a .5 ohm in a 96 lumina, and factory speakers in the car and the best I can do is 131.4 , so my hats off to you! Do you like the BTL's how much were 2-15's

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2101
Hey Chad, what ya got it tuned to 30hz? Alfull lot of power and Square inches for that score... :-O Polo...

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7373
its tuned to 36hz actually polo. i do want to build a box tuned high so i can get better numbers but i also want sound quality so i might just build a box and do some other stuff so i can just enter bass race in the 140-149 class. looks like ima need a little more power and some better batteries.

rob brown.....i love my btls. i paid $936.00 for both of my subs.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 2968
nice chad.
but il tell u a better song to use.
Kodak Moment remix by Kavious ft. Yo Gotti, Pastor Troy & Bun B

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 782
Nice bro but I'm waiting on a new box :-) Do some Aeros because those are simple to swap if you need more port length and such that's the easy way to do interchangeable ports :-)The wood interchangable ports do look nice in my opinion but that's a lot of uneccesary work there.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 9027
way to go chaD!!!!!!!!!!

your gettin there man.....just use the force.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 135
yeah kodak moment is a great song for bass :-)

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 3998
i would go with the lil whyte cd... still hadnt heard anything like that stuff....

"not much different than the first time.

145.5 burp. only 2 people in my class and the other guy hit 145 so i took first place.

144.2 playing music. i re-ran the qualifying so i qualify for 130-139 class of bass race. i won that even too with a score of 139.6. "

yea, I hinted that on your last thread, that it would only go up more than 1-3db, when u did find your freq...

very impressive bassrace score, espically on 2 15s... :-) 40-49 class is the sh!t!!

your same setup in a wall would prob get you your goal easier. or just build a better enclosure and add 2 more amps and lots of batts... but the accord is starting to get heavy!
PM me!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
Hey people Ima going to ask another dumb question, could it be that a certain car or truck just isn't able to produce the db scores? If you was to just take chads whole system out all the way to the same voltage alt. would it have better numbers in say an SUV??? JUST WONDERING/////

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
oH YEAH something ElSe while its on my mind! DiD anyOne else see the post WHeRe tHE guy had a single 10 asx,apx or something along those lines was hittin in the upper 138db's?? what am I missing??

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 851
good job man. i cant wait till they have a comp near me, even if i loose i would love to compete. how do i know what class i would be in for the db drag?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4000
Rob Brown each car is different!!! again its not as easy as boiling water to get to 150db!!
To answer your system, if you took his system and put it a a suv, it will be alot less score... A suv is about 2-3 times the size of his vehicle! he would have to move tripple the air pressure (SPL)

Now if he put his system in a mini coupe or single cab, then yea, it will be easier to hit 150 or @ 150!

again each vehicle is different in the amount of interior cubic space! bigger = harder

Richard to decided what class you will be in depends on several things, like how much cone area you are runing, what your amps are rated at 4ohms, and your type of enclosure and amount of batteries.

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

Comp Vr H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 811
i wanna see pics of your setup again chad

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1749
btw chad you never did tell us if you ran a sweep :-) .. i still think your current setup can get louder. I went to finals yesterday. no one showed in my class so I took 1st by default.. but I did do my best yet with a 146.3

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7374
i ran a sweep and it got loudest with the 50hz.

yeah i need to work on my install more. before i buy more stuff, ima try out different things. i need to find out which way i should face everything to get the best result. also i think if i tune my box a little higher i can get better results.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1751
did you run without your epicenter on? theres some cases where that makes your dB go down :-) .. now of course many things can change your number.

when i was at the finals i had my tools sitting beside my box in my trunk.. cuz i run with my trunk open to burp i think it messed with the airflow. my number was a 143.5dB and that is after adding a second battery. i was confused. i pulled the two tool boxes out from beside the box and re-ran.. did a 146.3dB .. what a trip

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7389
its where my box is located. that is the main problem. it is practically right smack in the middle of the car. my box really don't have anything to resonate off of. that is why i am going with the wall. the wall would just close the rear of my car from the front and the sub would be right there.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 789
Kevin those boxes were restricting your airflow that's the problem,duh! :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1755
nah its weird.. they were beside my box.. my sub/port is facing inside the cabin.. the tool boxes were just skinny ones beside the box inside the trunk.. i figured it would not have caused anything strange to happen.. but that might not have been the fure sure reason. i put in another yellowtop but i think it might not have been charged all the so it drew current from my other amp.. i let me car charge the batts for a while before the next run so im sure it was a combo of the two.,.

either way that was almost a 3dB diff which was crazy

Gold Member

Post Number: 4011
yea -3db having your trunk open...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1762
actually B .. i gain 2dB with my trunk open.. i lost the 3dB due to lower batts and having toolboxes beside my sub enclosure :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us