Noob question lol

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1743
excuse the noobiness of my ? but how do you tell if an amp will have good SQ, its the first time ive dealt with such matters lol

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 775
I would say it all depends on the signal you feed it,the class it is and how much power it is producing.You could also look at the specs :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8978
well.....you cant really "tell" per say.

but look at THD, Dampening(200 or above is fine), Voltage at which RMS power is at. that should get you started.
here is the kicker though, A-bahn amps can have all those specs looking good, and it still be a shitty amp:-) its all about whats inside, not the specs

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 778
This is true muddy but let's assume you're not buying a shi± amp in the first place lol.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3493
muddy is right

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7363
are you not satisfied with the sq from your sub doc?

your amp is very solid so i doubt its your amp. i say let your sub break in for a bit and you will see that it sounds much better.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1745
which amp are you refferin about chad lol, and its not that i dont like the amp i was just curious cuz eventually i wanna get 2 Q's sealed

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1785
i dont think that amp really matters much at all for sq. just get a good brand amp and youll be fine. i dont think your gunna tell a difference between 800rms from an abahn, or 800rms from a kicker..

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1786
didnt bump

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8987
a watt is a watt they say...within the amps normal operating limits. but the durability is a different bone to chew..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us