Ok, my birthday is coming up so....

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1139
I will get $100 from my grandmother, and possibly a little more cash.....what piece of car audio equipment should I get? Or should I just save up more $$$$?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1140
oh, just so it helps. ..I have a 2004 dodge neon with the factory am/fm/cd player in it, no amps/subs or anything aftermarket....boo hoo hoo

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2535
save a little and buy a nice hu or, if you plan on putting a system in soon, buy all the sound deadning you can and get to work on that. or you can just save it.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9906

$100 can only get u a decent pair of 6.5 comps .....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1141
I can get 2 audiopipe subs for about $75...but would still need a good inexpensive 500 watt amp to run them, and i would have to build my own box, which I dont have any tools...so thats not possible...grr

Gold Member

Post Number: 1142
hell, my b-day is next week, let me see how much $$$$ I get, then I will repost.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1011
keep saving dont look for a quick fix as the notorious Chauncey would say.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1298
"39....turning 40 on the 28th of November"

I dont want to come off the wrong way, but are'nt you a little beyond waiting for gift cash. You about a month older then me, and if I want new stuff, I just buy it. Goes with being a grown up.
I understand most of the members are young adults with out a lot of disposable cash, but at 40, a couple of hundred is nothing. Unless you wages are horrible, im just shocked at that statement from some one of your age. Maybe Paul should have sent you the Turkey instead.
Happy birthday.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9912
^^^^^^

Gold Member

Post Number: 1143
Sorry if it came of sounding childish...but I have a very tight budget at the moment and I can't just go get anything I want. I make pretty good wages, but I owe a LOT of it too. $600 month rent, $300month car note, $170month insurance, $400Month child support (thats the one that really hurts, but I got to do the right thing and pay it)..anyway, there's a lot of stuff, and in my case $200 is a lot of money. IF I was still living in my old apt. $285 month rent, then I could probably spend money on stuff I want, instead of need. But we needed a bigger place, so my son could have his own room. So anyway, there's not a lot of disposable income left after bills.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 238
keep saving, dont settle for something your not gonna like, i went and bought the first thing i saw when i got my first system...dont mess up like me ( and im sure other people as well)

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 239
the first thing i'd do would be to get a head unit and i wouldnt get a real cheap one either but it all depends on what you want it to do

Gold Member

Post Number: 1144
WELL the eventual head unit is decided...some where down the line, I will get a Pioneer Premier, not sure about the model # yet, but probably just a basic am/fm/cd player with a dedicated RCA just for the subs. and I know not to get the first thing that I can, I'll save up at least $500 for the amp/subs...and the HU is gonna cost me about $285 if I remember right. On the subs and amp, I am still thinking of going with 2 10-inch Ascendant Audio Assassins, and a Audiobahn A8000V or A8000T amp. that way those Assassins will get 400watts each which, as far as I hear, will be pretty good.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1425
Man, if I only drove a car that would let me "play". I drive a pickup and I love it. No changing vehicles for me, so monstrous bass is out of the question,....in my ride. We all make up for our shortcomings elsewhere. Now, when I play music or watch movies at home, waaaaaay different story! I had my car system in the 90's that was bumpin' in its' time, but I got married, had two kids, bought a house, and grew up. Still love what's deep inside me, just practice it in a different way. Ton of respect for ya Wolfman, keep doing the right thing. I recently swallowed my pride and sold my cycle cause I'm a single parent and it was the "right" thing to do. And $600/mo rent? Sh!t, try a $1300 mortgage!!!! I need 3g's a/mo just to pay the bills!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1146
ouch!!! I still wish I had a MORTGAGE, I would love to own a house instead of renting.

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1427
I'm in Jersey, and anyone here can tell you the market is soooooo f@cked up! I bought my house 2 and 1/2 years ago @ $128,000. Today, it's valued @$225,000!! What's killing people is when they take out home equity loans on their property when it's valued so high, then when the market crashes, and their property values drop, even if they sell, they owe a TON of $$$$$$. BTW, I live in a 3 bedroom rancher.

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

12w6v2s, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 268
Paul,

What the hell dude? No pics lately.... can I at least get a pic of a monkey or something? The ones with the red as#es are cool. If those don't get ya going....check your pulse!

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1429
Dude, check the off topic section....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1149
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1303
Good for you Wolfman. Sounds like you have your priorities straight. I understand money is not easy to save. But 5 here, 10 there, it all adds up. I would wait and get something your gonna be happy with. There will always be something better out there. but finding a set up thats fills your needs will be the best for you is what matters. Ive waited six months trying to decide on my next sub to get. Every one jumps on these new bandwagons and winds up selling them a few weeks later. Ive been pieceing my system together for over a year now, and am happy with its performance thus far.
Honestly I respect your views on your obligations. I didnt mean to sound like a jerk. Happy birthday.
And as far as HUs go. look at the Kenwood X590. Nice unit with USB, 4 volt ouputs, 2 year warranty, and only about 120 on Ebay. Im acually ordering one for my Birthday next month.

Bronze Member
Username: Antidot

TX, TX

Post Number: 14
waiting for gift cash???f@cked g@y...get a job,40 years old motherf@ck@!
ROTF........

Bronze Member
Username: Zoomiebird

Post Number: 99
um heres a couple of cents... i was shopping on ebay and came across trading circuit liquidation. i dont know if you have heard of it, but its CC's online resale outlet. i bought an eclipse cd2000 HU shipped for 60 bucks. they run over 250 new and this thing is in perfect condition. i've been running it for a few months and have had zero problems. just one thing to look into. and ya i agree get a HU first.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1198
ok, noob....I have a job...but I also have something you probably don't ....a bunch of bills.
Rent$600month
Car$300month
Insurance$200month
Electricity$100month
Water&Sewer$30month
Phone$50month
Cable&Internet$75month
Food$350month
Daycare$250month
Gas$200month
and
Child Support$350month

thats $2180 a month, if I did the math right, and thats figuring with low amounts on the food and gas.
My wife and I don't make much more than that...in other words >>There is no extra money.
So yeah, I do have to wait on gift money to get the little extra fun things I want... all my regular money goes to NEEDS.
I take care of the things that are necessary first. So whats the problem with that ANTIDOT?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
btw mine came w/o a wiring harness but i picked one up local for cheap. just read to make sure its worth it, most of the missing stuff can be found easily. heres and example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-50-Watts-x-4-XM-Ready-Car-CD-Player-DEH-P6600_W0QQit emZ140058734617QQihZ004QQcategoryZ39762QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Post Number: 1199
i'll prob. have to pick one up form the local audio shop, along with the mounting kit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
bummer dude the deals can be awesome. anyway do what you can, and happy b-day.

Silver Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... SPESNAZ. ...

Post Number: 920
Wolfman ! do you want I send you a gift? like $50. If you have a paypal account then we can do it !happy b.day!!!
BTW.After that You will see: Me it's Me,...but you'll see my home address too...ah fukked! anyway you don't come. So think about and please, forget that sh!t...you know it which one!

Silver Member

Post Number: 922
+

Gold Member

Post Number: 1201
dont have paypal, but I'll take a money order....now get off my thread...racist.

Silver Member

Post Number: 924
go open paypal account,I'll send you...no kiding!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1202
dont have credit card or bank acct. so i cant do paypal..:p

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1490
Anyone else freaked right now?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1770
damn wolfman .. my bills are close to yours an im only 19 plus i have to support my kid and fiance.. and im the only one working :-) .. but i understand where your coming from with the spare money thing.. ever think of a yard sale

Gold Member

Post Number: 1204
cant get car audio at most yard sales and even if you can, it usually doesn't work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1207
DAMN, Didn't bump...anyway, got $125 in cash and a $25 walmart gift card....grr...probably gonna save up past Christmas and get something good/

Silver Member

Post Number: 933
and plus my $50...
find someone who got Paypal !I cannot send you money order from Japan

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Post Number: 2825
My B-day is december 17.lol My paypal is logan1660@hotmail.com

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2538
if you want a pioneer priemer HU look at the 580mp, thats what i have its a nice HU, has sub out and sub control, i bought mine for $150 i think, but that was about a year ago so the price might of come down, btw happy b-day.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1797
i meant having a garage sale to raise some money :-) .. lol

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 895
i have paypal! send to rvlacos@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 937
richard check paypal! I sent you for beer $10...Enjoy!

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1507
Dear god

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3180
wolfman i know where ur coming from even though i dont have as many as u but i do have

car insurance 300
gas 240
school 600
cell 60
credit cards 75
gf 9999999999999(jk okay not really but she does cost a lot)
an im a full time student so i have to work full time aswell and no my parents dont give me money if thats what someone was going to say

Silver Member

Post Number: 942
charlie ...leave the school and come to Army! we will teach you how to make some good sh!t!

Silver Member

Post Number: 943
btw. you can choose some comp.stuff...no need go with M16....and more money

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3190
lol nah my gf would beat me if i went into the army. I am hopefully going to marry her and if i went into the army it wouldnt happen cause i would break up with her so
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us