2 18's = bad sq?

Bronze Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 72
my cousin came in town and ofcourse he works for JL, i showed him drawup for my system which includes two 18 FI Q's...well he told me that since there 18's the SQ wont be that good, i really want a nice SQL setup, (which is why i picked the Q) so i was wondering if there is any truth in the idea that 18's have bad SQ? also if i downgraded to two 15 inch Q's would it sound better? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9898
i could be wrong about the Qs but i would say yes since most 18s r more SPL than SQ or SQL - i would do 15s since 18s r so too much large cumbersome ...

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1438
look at this thread

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/293169.html

i would just get the 15s. 2 18" Qs would be CRAZY loud.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9899
not that the 18s would have horrible Sq but IMO the 15s would have better SQ than the 18s .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
i listen to alot of chopped and screwed music with lots of low bass....and slow hits....so for that application are 2 18" Q's acceptable?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3052
they will have the same sq aslong as it has a strong motor and fi is a good company so it will be fine. only thing is that 18"s get really low so maybe u think its sloppy but in reality its not its normal

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4227
2 15 q's is ridiculous loud man

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
dude im really hella stoked about buyin them, and the 2 (18's or 15's) Fi Q's will be goin in my range rover, first thing im gonna do is challenge my buddy who runs a JL setup to an SPL drag and wipe my a s s with his beloved "jl" W3's...ahahah

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1631
^^^ In that case get the 18s and revel in your sadistic gut-sickening, brain rattling, tounge flopping, ear drum bursting, eye-ball popping, nose bleeding, teeth chattering, over-the-top killer heart stopping LLLLOOOOOOWWWWSSSSS! And yeah and kick your friends ass for me! WAAAAHHHAHAHAHAH!

Sorry not sure what came over me there. But 2 18" Q's would be mad awesome! :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_fleming

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 45
go with the 18's. With the Q's motor and suspension setup, they sound really really good, and get ridiculously loud.

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 3984
thats like saying 2 XXX 18s would sound bad, or 2 SSI 18s sound bad... I just dont see that happening! :-) The Q being their SQ version for FI, I bet it sound very very good for a 18... people say anything untill u turn ur hu on and let them have it!!

Personaly I would go for the 18s, but I never pressure anyone, just leave more 18s avaiable for me... lol

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7326
if i had the space, i'd do 18 inch sub setup any day.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
thanks alot for the input guys, i appreciate it

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8932
no. they wouldn't sound bad...but you are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past a SQ setup. lmao
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us