Fi Q vs. Type X

Username: Ruthlessryda

Post Number: 7
A customer of mine bought a Alpine Type X, he isn't very pleased with the output. It is in a small sealed enclosure, around 1 cu.ft. I told hime about the FI Q and he seemed interested. I thought if I got some other opinions on it he might be willing to buy one. 12" is the size. Just wanted everyones opinios. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7220
how much power is your customer feeding the type X? cause that sub comes alive at aroun 1500wmrs.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1642
1 cuft? hahaha. ya, and how much power?

Post Number: 8
Alpine PDX-1.1000. Around 1100W

Post Number: 9
and its 1 cu.ft. sealed not ported.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7226
1 cuft sealed is about right for that sub.

and yeah if your customer wants some more output, he should get a bigger amp. an amp that does 1500wrms would make it shine.

but your customer thinking about getting the Q is good also.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9815
1 cuft sealed u say - hmmm i dunno what the X needs but type Rs work well in that same space so im thinking a X would need more vol

maybe u should check back the spec sheet ist to see if it needs a bigger box .....

Post Number: 10
Spec sheet says .9cu.ft. And do you really think 500 ~400 watts will make that much more of a difference?
His problem was lack of higher end output. And lack of not being louder and lower frequencies. He liked the overall quality of the sub. And the box thats there now isn't gonna get much bigger if at all. He doesn't have much space to work with.

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 495
well then id so no to the Q. they need some space to reach their potential, i dont think 1 cu.ft. would cut it. correct me if im wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1427
Sealed box: .8-1.5 cuft

^^^straight from the FI website. I say go with the Q because i dont think 400 watts is really going to make THAT much of a difference, and at 1100w the Q will sound great.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8796
i agree. Type Xs are power hungry. and the Q should be in the sweet spot with that much power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us