DD2512a ported box HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Chevyfan502

Post Number: 27
i wanna build a box for 2 DD2512a's and its going to be 2 cubic feet per sub divided in the middle, and i wanna do the ports like a dd box but i dont kno how long to make the port wall going in, i know if its 4 inches wide u stay 4 inches from the back of the box, and i might be making this box 34 in wide, 20 in tall, and 18 in deep....i want tuning to be around 35-40 hz....PLZ HELP...thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3188
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=34&Eh=20&Dia=6&Xmax=20&Vd= .12&NumW=2&Vb=4&Fb=38&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

How does that suit you?

Bronze Member
Username: Chevyfan502

Post Number: 29
so would i put one of them ports on each end of the box? im putting a divider wall between the subs, and plus is the port hole considered part of the box volume or is from the port wall to the inside divider thats counted as the box volume for the sub?...thanks

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3752
build that box just as it is shown.

1 port...no divider....mount both subs on the red board.

it will work great.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3193
yup^^ and for your general knowlegde about car audio. the Net volume is the volume inside the wood NOT counting the air in the port. the gross volume does count the port. When calculating the tune of a port you need the NET volume.

so that box is 4 cuft NET tuned to 38 cycles

hope that helps 8)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us