Sealed?

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 180
I was talking to a local shop installer and he was telling me that in my car (Honda Civic), that a huge sealed box will get louder then any box w/ a normal port. He said the only thing that will get as loud in that type of car is a box around 3.5 cu ft. or bigger. I thought he was an idiot until he let me sit in his car and he cranked it up 3/4 of the way and it got stupid loud. I asked what he had and he said 2 15" Cvr's on 1000 watts. Any ideas or comments on this? Will that box really get louder in my car then a 3.2 cu. ft. box at 30 hz?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3186
the best sealed box wont be as loud as a wellmade ported box. It also depends largely on the subs. Some really need to be ported while others love being sealed....

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1737
yeah like trevor said depends on the sub. but if you put a sub in a 3.5cube box chances are thats way to big for it and your going to bottom it out

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 182
I'm thinking for a 15" Fi Q... You think the big sealed box will sound better or should I def. port it?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1745
eh id be best to talk to scott on that, after all hes the one who makes them

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 183
Yea, I was just wondering as far as boxes in general. I've never heard CVR's get so loud. Very impressive stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us