Ohm Law...mixing and matching?

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 276
I don't quiet undterstand Ohm's law and I have been trying to read up on it at bcae, but im still a little confused. I have heard that you are not supposed to mix and match speakers with different ohms. I wasn't sure if that was with the whole system or if that is just with each amp. For instance, right now I have 2 10 inch arsenals hooked up to a nine.1 amp. They will be wired down to 1 ohm. Is it possible for me to run, two CDT EF components to another amp ( at 4 ohms ) and then two CDT CL coaxles to a pioneer 4800MP head unit. Does this mess with anything? or does it work? THanks:-)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1721
yeah its just for each amp basically. like you dont want a D2 sub wired to a D4sub. but if you get another amp for your cdts they will sound great

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 277
thanks man, i appreciate it

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1982
Funny thing is I have seen people wire subs either parallel, series or get this series parallel. I have seen people mix two subs of the same build with ones with different configurations to get a matched a load. I don't know what can happen but... Now I had a box with three PII's and I had it wired series parallel to get a decent load then I got a PGx1200.1 and rewired it. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 547
that's a great question!!!!!!

I don't know the answer, but would like to know... I'm gonna start another thread to help.

ok?

check it out...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us