F/S Treo SSX 15"

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

TREO, USA USA

Post Number: 2171
I am selling my 15" treo ssx for 430 shipped
i have only had it for 2 week because i got grounded and my parents made me take it out
i havent played it since then b/c i sold both my
amps...i had 2 jbl gto1201 which put out bout 2400 rms
this sub is rated at 2500rms but can easily take 4krms
with only 2400rms and one battery i was able to hit 144dbs @ 49 hz and 141.9 dbs playin music
so let me know if ur inserested

AIM: drivingreckless
PICS 15" treo ssx
call me @ 813 758 9674 if interested

http://upload4.postimage.org/986684/photo_hosting.html
http://upload4.postimage.org/986686/photo_hosting.html
http://upload4.postimage.org/986740/photo_hosting.html

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... \blink, red,...

Post Number: 2838
ima prank call ur azz

Gold Member

TREO, USA USA

Post Number: 2173
showin ur age thier arent ya dane
:-O

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6893
don't sell it. keep it man. you will regret it.

i will never speak to you again if you sell your sub.

Gold Member

\red {TREO}, \orange {USA} \3 {soon to ...

Post Number: 2175
y? man i need money for my new amp
im short about 600 bucks
wanna help :-D

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6896
if you sell your sub then what are you gonna use the amp for?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2176
i have a great deal on an amp i can buy
the sub im gunna get will always be thier
but 4krms amps arent ez to come buy tht are
in my price range...

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6899
then why the f**k did you say you were giving up car audio. you had me worried there for a minute. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2178
NOOOOO lol
tht was a joke :-O

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1971
That is what CC's are for, lol. What configuration is it and only a 144db you didn't even get close to see what it can REALLY do, you'll be sorry.... :-O

Gold Member

Post Number: 2182
ill be sorry wen i get the DD9515 :-O

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6906
oooooooo you are getting the dd9915........ well that changes everything.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6908
it shows that kevin posted something on this thread but his post is nowhere to be found. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2470
oh drivin i got a 9900 15 quad 2 ohm. if ur interested let me know

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1973
DUDE....You couldn't even make an SSX work what makes you think a 9515 is gonna make you any better? You need to walk before you run, my Re sx15 did a lot better than 144 with 1/2 the power, lol. By the way you didn't say the configuration of the sub. By the way from the figures I have seen of the 9515 on the TL it isn't all that impressive. Polo..:-)

?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2185
hey polo....
wut makes u think i can
if u dont remeber my box was shitty turbulant
ect.
ull see ill brerak 150+ easily and ill be playin musiic in the MID 140s no problem
also the DD 9515 is wayyyy more efficent then the
SSX

Gold Member

Post Number: 2186
cant*
break*
efficient*

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6911
have you experieced the dd9915 in person to back up your statement drivingreckless? not trying to be an azz but you sound like someone who has experiece with them.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1975
Are you gonna tell us the configuration of your darn sub so you can sell it or gonna keep flapping? :-O Polo..

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2475
wait drivin i remember exactly that u posted a tread that u were hitting 152 decibels in your truck with two ssx's and that ur parents didint liked them or some sh1t like that.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1548
well i did post chad.. my post was simply ..

i get 2dB higher on a TL with 1000rms less.. its all the install.. not the sub. so changing subs in hope to break a 150 is not the best thing to do.. its trial and error. marshall has yet to break a 150 and he has a lot more experience... he should be there now but look what it took him :-) .. but he has a TL so it makes it easy for him to try new things to see if it helped or not.. you have an ear to go by.. make things a lot harder :-) ...

146.1dB on a TL out of the trunk of a Jetta.. thats pretty good .. what type of vehicle did you have again?

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2476
efficient its not always louder, take an example

havoc vs. btl

havoc its more efficient in the 1k-2krms than the btl

btl, is more efficient than the havoc in the 2k-6k range.

wat makes u think efficiency is the best thing if u go for efficiency get an atomic apx its aorund the same price as the dd 9500 and will be more efficient in the 5k rms and up but the 9500 will rule the apx in the 1k-4.5 rms range

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1976
Umm it will also be more efficient in it Fs range which i think that is what 41 or 42 hz? SSX likes to be tuned low and the DD likes it high, apple and oranges there. Oh by the 146 in a trunk isn't all that great, seen better out of a monte with a 15" type R gettin 150+db! Polo..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1553
My car's accoustics is horrible.. and btw.. what was that type r tuned to and what were the box specs and power given it? there are a lot of variences.. i know someone running two cadence 15s in the back of a stratus that does 152.3dB ..

but i was trying to make a point.. doesn't driving have an suv? if that was the case it is easier to make an suv louder than a car with the junk in the trunk

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2478
ur wrong but your right kevin, suv are not always easier to make them loud take for example steve meades he has 16k rms and 4 18 inc btls and hes hittin around 159 but wait how come there is a new record with 4 btls that did 170 something check termpro, anyway suv are hard to get loud because there is alot of air inside the suv, if u take steaves meade system from his truck and put all his equipment in my truck with my truck he will be hittin easily mid 160 because my truck has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less air or is wayyy smaller than his suburban, thats the part ur wrong. and by the way some suvs that are loud but they use a wall set up, and makes the space of the truck space very small and easy to hit numbers and that the method people use to make their cars loud, they remove the rear passenger seat and put a box in the rear passenger side.

the alil right that u have is that the hatchback are some kind of mini suv those are the easiest to get loud cars,

Gold Member

Post Number: 1554
just a question... what are the box specs for steves suv.. that alone could hold the answer to why he is not getting that loud.. its not all about the volume of air you have.. look for example at the guys who make 4th order bandpasses with vans.. they have tons of air volume that is open and they put up good numbers.. 4 18 BTLs would require 24cu.ft box volume after displacement... just wondering if he has that :-) .. and if I'm not mistaken his setup is a daily system and the one that did 170s.. that was pure SPL :-)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1977
That R was tuned to 42hz, on approx 1790 watts (measured) 1 battery and two caps in the trunk, no HO alt and the box was at 4.47 CF -.12 cf for sub displacement. Here is a pic... By the way, that is my box, I just put carpet on it... :-O

PS- I think this was the Grand am pic...

Upload

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2480
steve meade has his box tuned to 30hz

Gold Member

Post Number: 2187
dual 2

Gold Member

Post Number: 1556
thats why his numbers are low lilrob.. i mean his numbers are high but if he went up in tuning you'd see a large difference..

and polo.. i'm on a stock charging system.. 90A alt.. 1 optima yellow top and no caps.. That SX is seeing about 1500rms in a 4cube box tuned to 35hz which peaked at 42hz.. that R tuned to 42hz.. you were burping at 50-52hz correct? btw im running basic slot port.. did you try slot before the aeros? just wondering about a dB increase. i tried a design similar to that with a box tuned to 45hz and port to the side but it did not do any better

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1978
I know a dude at my work who has a pickup truck with 6 Ti pros, 12'' in a custom box, with oldschool Pheonix Gold amps (big monster one). His name is Jesus, that thing is tuned like 30- 32hz sounds deep as hell. LilRob you mave seen this guy he actually lives just over the bridge in Cicero but frequents the old neighborhood on 26th street. He plays nothing but Mexicano music! Polo..:-O

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2482
u should tell him about me, so maybe i can go see his set up,

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1979
No that was either a 38 or 40 hz burb, nothing high at all. I was looking through my old laptop for videoa but I can't get into my video file yet it kinda crashed just before I replaced it with a new one. For some reason at that high the numbers seem to fall so between 38-45hz is the sweet spot. I did try a couple of slots but the output wasn't even close to the external aeros. even with standard aeros, inside the box it was quite a bit louder than a standard slot but it seems it takes a good amount more of tuning maybe that is why people go with slots, ease of tuning? It is none of my business but for a person who doesn't have a viable charging system or box how can you write the SSX off before actually knowing what she can do? Don't you think you should get a HO alt and build a new box before you jump out there reaching for a DD 9515? I own a company which means I have pretty deep pockets, I can buy a house with a credit card if I wished and I stopped at a single Treo SSX 15.11, now you have to ask yourself, WHY? :-O JMHO...poLO..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1561
^^ ..

i knew of people gaining 3dB by using aeros but damn.. makes me wonder what i could do with some external aeros.. were you using 4 4"? got any laying around :-) ..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us