Ot: RCA

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1404
these say they have a built in remote turn on wire...how does that work? and that means i dont need to run the remote wire to the hu?
http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLA-5M

Bronze Member
Username: Boomtank

Post Number: 100
The wire might be wraped in with the rca so u can run one wire back with 2 rca channels and a remote lead. Not sure though its unclear.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1535
I have a set of Hooker RCAs that have the remote wire in the RCAs.. And yes that means you make one run with that RCA and you can kill two birds with 1 stone. But if your hardc0re SQ make that remote wire a ground wire from point to point..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1536
Btw.. my remote wire is in between the two RCAs

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1405
aight thanx a bunch

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 525
K_PR, what do you mean by:

"But if your hardc0re SQ make that remote wire a ground wire from point to point.."

Connecting it to the chassis at multiple points???

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1536
^^^ Yeah I was confused by that one too. What is grounding that wire going to do for your SQ? It's made to be a remote lead. Explain??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1541
Lets say you had some type of engine/alt noise.. a whine or a staticy noise when you turn your system on a higher level.. when there was no sound you should hear no sound.. but in most cases you were here a staticy sound. If you were hooking up an amp for components for example.. it may or may not make a difference. Basically you do not want any power wire next to the input or output side for a speaker/sub. That is why on one of the golden rules is to run your RCAs opposite side of the car that you ran your power wire. Yes the REM is a small wire but enough to carry a sound.. Like I said it can sometime make a difference.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 535
I get your point now.
I thought you were trying to say something totally different:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us