WTF is wrong with my setups??

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1991
Its weird cuz when i hear other peoples theres sound like different in a way, like ok i had my cvrs for a while but sold them today to a person that works with me and he hooked em up right away to his amp and they sounded like different then when it was in my car and he had them sealed and mine were ported and they still hit hard, and he was using an xplod 1200watt amp!!
My setups have always been like loud but it seems different compared to others, for instance im the only one who can rattle the drive thru windows at mcdonalds but like other peoples systems sound louder and deeper then mine, WTF!!! This has always been my ALL time question that ive never answered before, if anyone can answer it i will cry in happiness....:-)

BTW most ppl here bump sony amps and sony subs....

Is it my wiring? Is it my amp? Is it my box(doubtful)?

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1992
BTW i work at Mcdonalds and a person went through drive through and his system had that part that i told you mine was missing and he had the black and yellow kicker comps powered by a RF amp.....

Maybe a better way to describe my problem is that say if i park outside a house and go in that house to hear it, like its only loud in certain places of the house, yet with a system with that part that im lacking, through the whole house it sounds deep and loud(surround)...

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 531
There are a million different possible answers to your question. The most likely would be your car compared to theirs, also with a sealed box the subs hold a more level volume at many frequencies apposed to ported boxes which get louder but around the frequency at which they are tuned. That didnt come out as technical as i had liked but you get the idea...its been a long nite.

Bronze Member
Username: Boomtank

Post Number: 96
I had 2 kicker comp 15" the black and yellow ones in a mitsubishi 3000gt hatchback with a little 400wrms Ma audio amp. They hit about 130db and if u sat in the car the pressure hurt. It broke the rear view mirror off and chiped the glass. But outside the car u could barely hear it.

Now we put the same system( subs amp box ) in my buddies Ford Explorer and you could hear it from 3 blocks away. it sounded clear and low in the explorer but you could sit inside like there was no music. Barely moved the rear view mirror. But was hitting abou tthe same db's.

So i think its most likely the vehicle. How sealed the exterior is. How big the interior is. Thickness of body... Tones of variables which is hard to calculate but thats what ive seen in the past.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1533
^^ Vehicle .. that as well as enclosure/directioning/deadening..ect

Btw.. Two of those black/yellow kicker comps hit a 149.3 in a prefab ported enclosure.. subs/ports up in the back of a focus hatchback. They were 15"s

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6880
maybe its that old saying. "grass is always greener on the other side". you may think that others sound better than yours but they may feel the same about you. just a thought i have.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9671
if its same exact equp then its gotta be install , settings & vehicle interior acoustics

heck in a hatch or wagon like mines any/everything sounds good .........

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Post Number: 102
What prefab box were the 15's in hitting 149 lol i have mine in a sealed box hitting 130.8 , i think im gonna build a ported box tonight if its posible to hit nearly 150dbs.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 187
^^^ ....

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1540
I'm not sure who made the prefab but it was not a very nice one IMO .. port openings were only about 2 inches wide. It had two ports side by side in the middle with each sub in its own chamber. I was shocked when it put up that good of a number.. but the vehicle had a lot to do with it :-) .. i believe he was burping up in the 50hz range so that box was tuned pretty damn high

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1993
Well ya its weird cuz it is really really loud still, its in an 03 ford focus sedan, it flexes windshield and everything, and i have tried to put it in other vehicles like my moms suv and it was really really loud where your ears hurt but it didnt have that.........UMP that im lookin for, maybe its my deck or amp or wires?? Im pretty sure its not my car, but ya everybody round here likes my system ALOT..

BTW does ne one know how long it will take for my Q to come in if i ordered it Saturday??

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1994
This last Saturday

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 634
it took about a week for my SSD to come in, so prob about a week to week and a half.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us