Hmmmm can i do this

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 287
can i take a wire directly from the negitive battery terminal run it to my trunk, get a 2 way splitter and use it as my ground for my 2 amps?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 8307
no.

run a ground from each of your amps to the neg terminal on the batt. 2 different wires

you want as much ground as you can get, so please don't split a ground wire between 2 amps.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2317
Why cant you just ground it to the car chasis?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 8312
that would be another and the most common, but the first one i believe is more effective i think. i think B said that once....

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4052
it would be the most effective, because your gettting the best posible ground you can get, by hooking it straight to the neg terminal. but if you wanted to hook it to the neg batt under the hood, you would have to buy a seperate ground wire thats like 15 ft long... unless you have a BMW where they have their batts in the back

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 8316
*hopes for a BMW*

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 876
i thought that the ground was supposed to be as short as possible...so wouldn't that be a no-no....or since the best ground is straight to the negative does that cancel that out?

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 597
his profile says hes got a taurus so i the wish of him having a bmw is gone

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 735
the battery is the best ground in the car

Bronze Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 12
Wolfman, i thought that 2. I also heard that the ground must b as short as possible...

Bronze Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 13
Damn time difference, every1 is asleep when i'm on here lol

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 8355
i was sleeping when you posted. but look at it like this. free forum. no one to bother you.

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 288
My amps can only handle 10 gage wire. so if i get a 4 gage wire and use one of those splittiers that you use for power wire, wouldnt that work? because it is the equal to the power wire. i dont want to ground to the chasis because i want the best ground possible.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 849
as short as possible because if you have 30ft of wires and it it hooked up to the chasis your ground will bite, cause its gotta run throught the wire then the car. IF you run it straight to the battery you have a direct ground which is just the wire, and I would think it would carry the current much better than the chasis.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us