OMG..HUGE promblem!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

Comp Vr H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 732
okay i fixed the burning sound by turning off my loudness(good thing because my homegirl was with me today..didnt wanna smelly car) but anyway like it seemed like my subs werent hitting so i opened the trunk and only my right sub was hitting HARD the left seemed to be barely moving!!! whats the promblem? does it have anything to do with phase? because i didnt change the phase on my amp because i didnt know what it was..thanks....

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7220
well if you smell burning you prob fried a voice coil in the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Thumping_corsica

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 133
do u have the same gauge speakers wire going to each sub? are u sure they are both wired up corectly.. maybe make sure right and left fader are equal. o yes.. and what amp do u have.. 1 of the channels may be partly blown on the amp.. this is whathappened to my extremem amp;..

Silver Member

Comp Vr H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 733
omg....i hope not i have a rockford fosgate t1001bd...bought it off ebay...but i think i just noticed that that happened because at first they were both hittting hard..yes i have the same wire going to each one

Silver Member

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 135
oooo boy i hope not bro becasue what happened to me was at first i slowly started to notice that my right rear 6 by 9 was fading.. and then BOOm then channel was out. i sold the amp. luckily it wasnt great;)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2405
oooh caroll uuuuuy bad luck my friend u burned one coil what are we gonna do NOW?????

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2406
dual voice coils subs when u blow one its still plays but it doesnt play like withthe 2 coils it barely moves so yeah my friend u fried one coil of your sub thats why i didnt want to get the kickers

Silver Member

Comp Vr H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 734
okay lil rob..dude how can i check to see if i burned a coil?? So are you sure its not my amp and your sure i messed over one of the coils?? how did it happen

Silver Member

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 136
well just get a dmm and check the ohm load of the vc's :-) gl man

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2407
get a aa batterie and wire the - and + of each coil to the - and + of the batterie if the speakers make a sound the coil its fine if not too bad do the same wit all coils

Silver Member

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 137
o yes and one more thing bud.. when i burned 4 subs vc's every one smelt like sh*t while i was doing it... have u noticed any sort of burning smell or annything? u said u had loud and bb on? thats what i did and i burned em... otherwise u may be out an amp i think..

Silver Member

Comp Vr H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 735
ummm.hopefully its the subs and not the amp man..because the amp is replaceable right now..the speakers can be repair r replaced..ummm when i first got them i smelled a nasty smell..some said they were breaking in but i turned my loud off today and it stopped smelling but also my sub stop hitting..

Silver Member

Comp Vr H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 736
bump

Silver Member

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 138
well i mean.. loud will obviously make umm hit more.. a lot more:-) and also ruin them.. now how long have they been smelling for .. how long u had em and stuff.. but yeah good chance i guess that u damaged em some..

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2413
carol find a aa battery or a aaa battery then wire your sub coil to the battery and if u hear a small sound that means your coil its fine. if u dont hear a sound in one of your coil they are fried if u hear the sound the problem its on your amp

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1647
the loud will help you clip and destroy them so yeah. test them with a DMM and try just hooking 1 sub up to the amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us