149.8dB @ 47hz :-) :-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3705
Just ran on my TL and did 149.8dB w/ my 9515d and 20.1. Im so happy but at the same time sad...lol.

150 is so close yet so far away...:-)

This was w/ a stock batt...my voltage drop is crazy...lol.

I'm prolly gonna cut another 1/2" off my ports this weekend and get another batt VERY soon.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Currently residing in ..., Oregon USA

Post Number: 466
very nice. good job. You can hit 150 i got faith in you..lol

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3154
dammit man I wish i was there. I'd make your as$ stay up all night until you found a way to hit that 150 lol. congrats on that score and the near future 150!

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 832
You can do eeeet, even if it takes ALL NIGHT LONG....(water boy reference for those who don't know)

Bronze Member
Username: Boomtank

Post Number: 90
Hey how much are 20.1's going for now. And nice job with the 149.8

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 733
Marshall, how much space u givin ur 9515d?

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 334
man thats nice #'s. congrats man thats tight. one 12 hittin 149.86!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 8213
change that batt, and here comes 151!!!!!!:-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6811
awesome score marshall.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2835
actually man he has a 15" lol but nj marshall congrats since we all know that u will get ur .2 even if it takes u another month u will get what u have been dreaming for nj man hope i can get somewhat close to u even though i know i cant

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1490
pick yourself up a set of golf cart batts and wire 3 pair in series for a 16v load then all in parallel :-) .. that is if you can find a cheap set of 6 8volt batts..

i forgot your last score.. what was your best with that SX.. btw that SX score was just with the bp1200.1 right?

nice score with that DD.. I see you'll be breaking a 150 for sure.. just get the proper power and youll have no problem. i actually see you hitting a 152 with a few extra batts

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1646
damn thats awesome man. cant wait till you break 150 i know you will

Gold Member

Post Number: 3707
I havnt got a chance to meter any more yet, but I played around w/ the box/amp alil and it sounds louder to the ear now. (at ~46hz) I had to build 2 boxes and do 1 full install today, so i didnt have time to play w/ my set up much at all.

Right now, i can play my box daily and it still sounds great. The sub drops pretty low even though its tuned pretty high. The whole yung joc cd is crazy on it.

I need to get my note up to about 50hz...prolly end up cuttin bout 1.5"-2" off the ports pretty soon. I'm going to brace to box alil more tomorrow...the face w/ my ports is kinda thin between the ports.

My current box is 4.5cuft w/ three 6" ports flared to ~8.75"...2 layers of resin and 1/2" threaded rod bracing in the box.

http://putfile.com/marshall_white/images/40031

pics of the install about 3 weeks ago. its has changed alil since then though...the ports are ~3" shorter now.

My voltage drop is REALY bad (~10.4v)...i'll have ~$225 in my pocket tomorrow from building boxes, so a new batt will come VERY soon. Thinking about a kinetik hc2000 or an NSB90. It will be placed rite next to the amp, between the ports and the back wall of the truck.

I think Matt Sibley may be selling the NSB125's he used to set his world record in USACI prostock 5000+ and getting something new for finals...i may try to grab a used 125 from him. He was only dropping to ~11.9 w/ 3 nsb 125's on 4 autotek 4000's...i'm sure one of those will do nicly w/ my on 20.1.

oh and to whoever asked about the 20.1's, there is one on ebay rite now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Incriminator-Audio-20-1-IA20-1-1800-watt-mono-amp_W0QQitemZ1 90046379128QQihZ009QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I got mine for $425 shipped (used for ~5 shows)...it runs dialy at .35ohm dcr like a champ, my kick ix402 on my mid/highs gets hotter.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 581
Marshall, remember, as you add power to yor system your resonant frequency will decrease.
This is common. For instance, check out all the lower classes that run rexs then the higher ones.
You'll notice th majority of the loud guys in 0-300 and 301-900 run about 62 to 63 hz, now the 901-1800 and 1801+ vehicles are running closer to 60-61 hz.
And these systems as you know are nearly identical in design, the only major difference is power, lol, 26x26x15 4 4" aero's out the back.

So what i'm getting at is dont cut your ports yet!

First and formost, supply that amp with the current it needs before you change anything else in the system.

If you wanna call me sometime heres my number
608-365-3500

If I dont hear from you before I'll see yo at finals. L8r man

Zac

Gold Member

Post Number: 3708
hey zac,

I have extra 6" pipe that i am going to use...I'm not going to cut my current ports. I'm just going to replace the center pipes.

I'm going to play around and do more testing sooner or later...looking for ~151dB w/ this box if i can get there.

I didnt get a chance to call Matt yet, but he said something about selling his nsb125's at the 3x show in jackson where he set his record.

Do you think that 1 nsb125 will get the job done for me? I know i will see some gain if i can actually keep my voltage up and supply the 20.1 w/ the current it wants.

(btw...matts box is alil different than other 'normal' CRX boxes...i'm sure ALOT of people will be copying his design after finals this year.)

I'm not going to finals...wish i have the $ to tag along and just be there, but i dont. maybe next year.

thanks man.
-canaan

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3166
damn marshall, your the most competitive frequent member of this forum. you deserve to go to finals. I think everyone should donate $2 to your go to finals fund lol. I will if they will lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3726
I would love to just go to finals and mess around.

I wouldnt stand a snowballs chance w/ my setup at finals. My #'s are crap compared to what will take top3 in my class at finals.

First place in my class (mod 301-900) will be ~163dB this year...lol. Those guys mean business. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3727
oh, but if anyone is willing to donate...i'll be more than happy to accept.

we'll call it my 'battery fund'.

:-)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3170
oh i know but i think you should be able to go to mess around. maybe pick up on something to help you get to 155!!??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us