2 RE SX 15" vs. FL Fi BTL

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1480
Considering my options.. I love my SX but next year I'm going to want to change something up. I'm thinking about either adding another SX and ample amp or selling my SX and purchasing a fully loaded BTL. Keep in mind both setups would be given the same power although the box for the two SX 15"s might not be quite to specs.

(2) RE SX 15"s - 1500+rms each
(1) Fi BTL - 3000+rms

The power source would be two RE 35.1s

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6757
i'd take the btl cause of the space issue. although the 2 sx 15 might get louder (due to more cone area), you will not be able to make the box to specs in your trunk.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 8122
BTL Upload

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 260
hmmmm, i believe the sx n btl have the same surface area. if u want to get the btl's u do not need the fully loaded version. the standard btl will do just fine. as far as motor strength the standard btl has ALOT of strength compared to the sx... (just thinkin bout the price is the hard part bout the sx...)

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 412
how much can a regular BTL take?

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6760
fi monkey.....i meant 2 sx will have more cone area than 1 btl. but no doubt one btl will get loud.

Bronze Member
Username: Boomtank

Post Number: 75
Yeha how much power can a normal BTL 15 handle and how loud will they get with a good install (ported)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1880
I would get a Treo SSX and an Orion 2500rms amp and be done with it! A single SSX 15.22 in a Jetta would be insane, mine is tearing my GP apart, lol. Polo.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

Amman, Jordan DDs dealer i...

Post Number: 578
if its me , I would never get anything over DD 9500 .

it can easy handle over 300rms clean power ..

But if u have 2 choose from these : i would take two SX's but if u have ROOM for a big box .

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6780
i'd get a dd9900 over 9500 anyday.

lol night mirage i hope it can handle more than 300rms clean power.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1881
Well Mr Mirage the SSX can handle 5K (sipposed) and someone here has been running his on 4k daily. I was looking at the DD 9515's for a long time but I settled on my SSX. Reall if I was you I would bump two SX's in a medium sealed enclosure and be able to play anything and still be super loud due to the small size of the vehicle. I miss the sealed life honestly with my super duper ported enclosure when I switch music styles I have to equalize the bass, actually turn it down for techno, rock, etc. Polo..:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1481
I could prolly do 6cu.ft after displacement for the 2 SXs.. thats 3cu.ft per sub. It is a smaller box than recommended but with the 500+rms going to the subs I would have to put them in a smaller box so the cone would have more control..

The last time I bumped two SXs it was in my Silverado with a 14cu.ft box tuned to 28hz.. now that tore my truck up. The only thing I miss going from a pair of subs to a single if the wow factor. Yea it gets loud but I miss the earthquake :-) .. A single sub setup just does not move enough air for me.

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 394
kevin, dont you have the car with the subs coming through the backseat? if so, f the backseat and bring 2 SXs on out tha trunk... i bet you can come up with 14 cu ft then and it would be insane to the max!

hey where are the competitions at that you have been contending in?

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
actually that would be a little much for 2 SXs maybe lol...

but 2 fully loaded BTLs, maybe 18s, 3000+ APIECE. wicked...

Silver Member

Post Number: 396
3000+ per voice coil... wickeder... :-)

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

Amman, Jordan DDs dealer i...

Post Number: 579
HEY chad

You knew i did n't mean 300w he he

I ment 3000w , U make me laugh ..

And about 9900 i'm talking about sub with his range , He said Sx's or BTL . So he do n't want to spend that much on 9900 , And we all know 9900 over 9500 .. he he

_______

POLO .

U installed your 2 sx1250.1 on one SX , So two of them will handle more than 4k .

About Treo SSX i never heard one , But i think its really LOUD , And i would compare it with 9500 . I shocked when i installed 4k on this sub . ITS LOUD AS HILL .

I think it can handle more , And By the way i read from DD's forum there is some guy installed Z2 on 2500 sub , And the sub did n't blew .

DD makes a powerfull sub's .

POLO

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1891
I never said DD's are bad subs there Fs is just set higher than I would like them. There are many a sub out there that can handle a lot more than there rated power. With the right enclosure and with a clean amp/signal most subs can handle more, sh!t I have seen more than 2K on a 15 type R and that is no BS. An Re sx if when done right it is very possible that the sub can handle more than 2k, I have even had 1800rms on a single Treo SSI which I think is 750rms rated. Many possibilities here. Polo..

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6791
yeah i know what you meant night mirage. its just i couldn't pass it up when you said that. lol.

wait til i put up some numbers next weekend. i will show you guys what a pair of btls can do on 5000wrms. hopefully i don't end up hitting in the lower 140s. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1482
I'd laugh :-) .. I guess I'll just try to fit two SXs.. I'd like to get one DVC 1 ohm .. then recone my to a DVC 1 ohm.. daily I could run them at 1000+rms each and for comps I could wire them to .5 ohm and send them 2000+ rms each :-) .. Man I'd love to get a second one... it will be coming soon enough and I will be breaking 150s. Gonna try it first with a single sub setup. I'll have to see if I can even fit two because if not I might end up selling the good ole SX and get one fully loaded BTL... unless I can find an MT.

Now on that note.. BTL vs. MT ... which would you perfer? I could actually get an MT for less if I look around hard enough

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1640
i think the btls are supposed to be like the mt but alot better cooling and better sq so in that case id definatly go btl
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us