OT getting a new alt

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1553
finally getting a new alt, ment to order it today but had band practice and got distracted. so ordering tomorrow.

like 300 shipped from alter start i think he said the biggest they can do for my car is a 150a

what do you guys think running 1200rms class d and 250 class a/b?

should be enough seeing as im not really going to be pulling full current anyway, and if not going to have to get a big sexy kinetic

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6640
what does it do when your car is on idle?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7937
thats a lot of money for a 150a alt. but if that is the biggest you can go, then it is better than nothing.:-):-):-)

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1561
i think around 90a im going to double check with them again tomorrow befor i order. iv been talking with so many places its hard to remember whats what and my notes i made are getting kinda jumbled up.

i can get a 180a from iraggi for 400!!! but iv talked to some guys on other boreds who have been in car audio for a really long time and they said they wouldnt really trust iraggi and alterstart is a great company. plus they also said that it should be able to sustain my amps becasue im not drawing max current all of the time anyway. and if i need more power ill have to get a nice big kinetic in the trunk.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7948
sounds good man.

:-)

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1574
yeah not that i really want to have to get another battery BUT thats car audio for ya!

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1577
just saw a post with a guy who had a 150a alt and 2400kinetic but he got dimming but that was with an orion 2500d plus 200for mids so im doing over 1000rms less then that so thats like 100less amps right there so hopefully ill be good. iv been told i SHOULD be fine, but of couse still a little iffy

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1592
never mind it does 80a at idle. i talked with the guy bobby and hes really nice. i get a two year warentee with that to. he also said i should be fine running my system on it. so i should have it in a week tops.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6680
80a at idle is too low. why don't you contact nate or dom iraggi. get yourself a nice 200a ho alt that can do around 120-140a at idle.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1596
the biggest i can get for my car is a 180a from iraggi and he wants 400 for it.

plus now i got a two year warentee and i didnt have the extra cash this month to buy from iraggi and i cant really wait because my alt is barly charging my battery. so id need be a get a kinetic 2400 and that should solve my problems

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6684
thats awesome. damn you are lucky you can fit a 2400 under the hood mat. i could only fit a 1800 under the hood so i am getting 3 of those. one for under the hood and 2 in the trunk.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1597
hehe i wish i could fit that under the hood id have to stick it in the trunk

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7998
i swear, charging systems can be the single most expensive component of your system....

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1601
definatly. it just sucks, i look at cars with similar engines and the alts. are way cheaper. but i guess that is because there is more room or something. i just sucks i wish i could have gotten like a nice 200a for 3-350 and be done with it. well all i can say is hopefully it will work out, because i dont really want to have to buy a battery.

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 717
yea im going to upgrade mine i just had to wait...but my car seems to be holding up to my fosgate t1001bd for right now..but i know when i add a second one im going to HAVE to upgrade
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us