Fi.SSD15's in sealed boxes???

Bronze Member
Username: Boomtank

Post Number: 13
The Fi.Q15's say that recomended seald box size is 2-2.5 cu^ft, Where the Fi.SSD15's dont have a recommended seal box size. I was thinkking about running 2 ssd's but would they be really bad in a sealed box. Should i just go with the Q's. Little more pricy for 2 of the q's but are they worth it.

Also im going to be running them off of the Orion2500d when i can get one but for now i heard the HiFonics Bxi2006 is a decent amp for 2 Fi's is this true?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7924
what do you want?

SPL or SQL?? god i hate using that term.

the Q's are very good sealed box woofers, the SSD's were meant to be like the street bass beater, so stick with ported if you go SSD:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I have a 93' Mitsubishi 3000gt which i striped out the entire back and put 2x15's and 4x10's. After a lot of research ive decided to go with just 2x15's and leave out the 10's so i bought a 92' Dodge stealth (same car for those who dont know) Which i will be makeing a box like i have now in the hatch and leaving the interior as is.

her are a bunch of old pixs ill have more soon.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2432248/2

The dual 15 box is 7cu^ft (3.5 per sub) sealed. Im gonna try and use some fiberglass this time and get around 8cu^ft ported for both my 15's.
Subs firing up with about 2 inches for xmax(oneway) before they hit my hatch. And ports firing back.

So will the 2 SSD's be fine ported or should i go with the Q's?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7927
if i were you, i wouldn't try to squeeze so much room out of my hatch that the subs are only 2 inches from the glass, that will sound like poo.

the Q's will get louder and sound cleaner than the SSD's, but they also require more power.

if i was going to do 2 Q's i wold give each 15" about 3-3.5 cubes ported to 30hz. with about 13-16 sq. in. of port per cube. the lower you tune the more port area you need to achieve the same loudness:-) that will be one bigass box.:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
With the setup in the pix, i had just the 2 15inch kicker comps with a MA Audio HK400d (400wrms @ 2ohms) running both 15's and was hitting about 128dbs with the hatch dyno'ed and was very clear.

I was only thinking to switch out the subs and get a bigger amp but use same style sealed box.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7931
of course it was clear, you only had 400wRMS going through them both.

try 2,000wRMS going through 2 15's....not so clear.
can you say "Separating rubber seals"? lol:-) seen it happen....

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 250
i would like to hear those q's

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 251
really impressive woofer... if u want ssd's in a sealed, (15" ssd 2 cubes sounds really punchy n deep.) this is based off of one of our guys using (8) 15" ssd's sealed for all of em... the ssd's sounded really good to me and i like it LOW!(it's hard to impress me with sq bass but his set up sounded GOOD! 2 cubes per woofer.)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Well if im going sealed is it worth it to just get the Q's. Are they drastically better/louder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us