Getting started...

Username: Culprit

Post Number: 1
Hello all, I really need someone's help and will greatly appreciate it. To start off I am going to buy a 15" L7 Solo Baric, a square shaped one. Basically I don't know what else I will need except a box, and an amp, obviously cable too. I need to know...

1) What kind of amp do I need to buy for this woofer? (Brand name and size under 250$) I don't know what amp channels are and what they mean either.

2) What size box? are there different types of boxes one better than the other?

3) Can I buy just any CD player for my car that I like or do I need a certain kind?

4) What kind of cable will I need and how much?

If there is anything else that I forgot, please add. I don't know much about systems and my best friend that was going to help me is now dead =( car accident. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this and your help is appreciated!

-Culprit

Post Number: 2
/bump

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 394
hey man whats your budget for everything????

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3639
1) look into a hifonics BXi1206d...you can get them for ~$250 new on ebay.

2) w/ a 15" L7, i would go w/ ~4cuft net ported box tuned to 35hz w/ about 50sq inches of port.

3) yes, you can get pretty much any CD player...you just have to get an install kit to match your car

4) this amp kit will get the job done:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KnuKonceptz-Blue-Pearl-4-Gauge-Complete-Amp-Kit_W0QQitemZ220 041802069QQihZ012QQcategoryZ71528QQcmdZViewItem

Post Number: 3
My budget is about 650-700$ for all, thank you so much for the help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3640
If you go w/ the L7 15" and the hifonics amp i suggested...make sure you get the dual 2ohm L7.

You may want to look into another sub other than that L7. L7's get loud, but sound like a55.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3641
you can get an FI audio SSD15 w/ flatwound coils for $239shipped.

that was be a very nice sub.

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 521
^^i just got an SSD and cant wait to get it installed. i say go with the SSD and give it about 1000wrms, thats what im doing and it will sound better than the L7, maybe not louder but def sound better

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7921
please stay away from the Kicker L7's. they are unreliable, and not very durable, and they have poor SQ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us