Enclosure help. What am I doing wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Rickeyd87

Post Number: 105
I have dual re SX 12's in a dual enclosure. Box is 4.8 cubes tuned to 36hz with about a 70 square inch port area and the port width is 5"...Both subs are wired into 1 ohm, each powered by a Hifonics BXi1606D with amp settings turned up half way. When I have both subs on they sound like sh*t, but when i unplug one of the subs it gets alot louder and i can feel all kind of air blowing out the slot, but when both are hooked up i dont feel that much air coming out the slot. Someone please help me, what am i doing wrong?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3636
you have the subs wire out of phase...or the phase shift on one amp is at 180degree.

make sure the phase shift on both amps is set to 0degees and make sure the subs are wired correctly.

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
i just turned the phase down to 0 degrees on both amps but it still did the same thing, then i kept the phase on 0 degress on one amp but turned it up half way on the other amp and it sounded great. thank you marhsall, I would of never figured that out on my own.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9594
agreed with marshall .........

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3638
try checking the subs...make sure they are wired correctly.

i'd bet $100 to a donut that one of the subs is wire +to- and -to+ on the amp.

Set both amps to 0degree and swap the speaker wires on one of the amps. It may sound alil better.

glad i could help

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
So am I still doing something wrong, since you said make sure the phase on both amps are set at 0 degrees, but I only have one amp at 0 degrees and the other at about 90 degrees, even though it still sounds good like that. Or do they both HAVE to be at 0?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3130
it should be one amp at 180 and one at 0 for them to be back in phase if you wired them incorrectly. take the subs out and check your wiring. dont put the phase at 90 because then you still arent in phase. but you probably wired them incorrectly. if they are wired correctly, then setting one amp to 180 and one to 0 should fix that problem. setting it to 90 wont fix it, just make it AS out of phase...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us