Think this is a good setup for its price range?

Username: Pitbullguy

Post Number: 6
2 12" Diamond D3 Subs $200 ; should i get 2 ohm or 4 ohm??

Audio Enhancers DA212 Dual 12" ported enclosure $90

Kicker ZX1000 Mono Amp $300 ?? ; Grant Law you said this amp costs 3 bills but i can only find it for 368, where can i get it for 3 even?

Also what kind of amp kit / wiring do i need?

Would this setup sound good for it's price range?

Suggestions and advice are welcomed and appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Fort Worth, ...

Post Number: 1439
that would be a nice sounding system that would still get plenty loud.. if im not mistaken the zx series are stable at 2ohm(?) .. if this is trueyou can get the DVC 2 ohm coils.. wire them parallel for a 2ohm total...

if you got the DVC 4 ohm you could wire them parallel for 1 ohm.. so it depends on the amp you decide to run

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 688
if you get that amp, I think it works at 2ohms. Then get two dual 2ohm subwoofers. So you can wire them to a 2ohm load. And look on ebay for amp kits, stinger 0awg amp kit should be fine. Also I'm not sure about the box, are they building it to the subwoofers specs or is it prefab?

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 436
I think 4awg would do the job fine and save you some money

Post Number: 7
It says it's driver specific for Diamond audio, eclipse, pioneer and lanzar. check it out.

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1632996/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046/order/asc/order_by/title

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3102
they make great boxes, when i had my shop i sold them, and they are driver specific, they get sent subs from manufactures to create boxes for the companies. they are selling that box at cost and making money on shipping, they are charging 47 to ship that box to my house.if you really want one PM me, i can get one from the guy that builds them for Audioenhancers for cheaper.

Post Number: 9
how bout that i didn't even notice. but sure enough, $47 bucks. can't blame em though i bet that thing is a B@#$% to ship. thanks for offering to help. what does it mean to "PM" you ?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3105
that box weighs 74lbs, so it is not going to be cheap to ship, spoke to the guy that builds them, he said your better off buying that box, there are alot of parts to building that box, due to fact it has a transmission port system in it

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3637
that AE box is pretty good.

i metered 2 Phoenix Gold RSd 12's at 144.2dB in a dodge dakota w/ that box.

very good quality for a prebuilt box...not just shot together w/ a nail-gun like most other prebuilts. it is glued and ports are rounded....pretty strong box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us