Budget insulating?

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 730
I was planning on taken big peices of card board and with a fine duct tapeing job i planned on covering my trunk lid holes that it has to minmize rattleing? Would card board be effective my friend did it works really really well for him. Just checking if it makes the sence to try to work it out with duct tape?

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 170
get some of the expanding foam in a can at lowes im sure it costs more than a cardboard box but i would think it would work better

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 731
I have that too but its an ugly yellow and i dont know how much my dad would be willing to let me mess with the Car and that sticky yuky stuff but i guess i could do that and cover it with card board:S.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3620
go to lowes or home depot and ask for 'peel-n-seal'

~$25 worth will cover your trunk lid.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 319
A roll of 'heat and ice shield'... better and cheaper than dynamat imo. About 40$ a roll. The roll will do your entire car and probably half of your friends lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
A roll of 'heat and ice shield'... better and cheaper than dynamat imo. About 20$ a roll. The roll will do your entire car and probably half of your friends lol.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 392
grant where do you get the heat and ice shield stuff at????

Silver Member

Post Number: 324
Home Depot or Lowes or a roofing supply place.

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
It's the exact same stuff as dynamat, I swear. Goes on the same way. It is used for insulation in a house. Only difference is the dynamat logos and the MUCH lower price. Dynamat is a rip off.

I can't find it on the home depot website. They will know what your talking about though. Some people call it peel and stick.

Heres a site about some http://www.sarnafilus.com/peel-and-stick_rs.htm

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 393
do you use it and its 20 dollars a roll for how much??????? sounds like a steal........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us