Can you stop rattling by using....

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 728
Could you use insulating foam (the one u spray and it expands in the open areas in your trunk lid would that prevent vibration and rattling. Im guesisng if air cant get in it wouldnt vibrate/rattle makes sence?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9579
yes u can in fact i have done it in my car - what i would advise is since the can's nozzle is so short get a thin hose to go on/attach to the nozzle so u can aim it places when u cant get the nozzle to go .....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9580
it is best used in areas where u cant get reg sound deadener sheets to fit like in the metal joints & corners - it does make a noticable difference ....

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Not yet decided, IA US

Post Number: 1511
can you get it off later easy without messign up anything or messsing up the paint?

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1542
the foam that is laid down under carpets in homes works good too

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7899
Wahl is back!:-)

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Fort Worth, ...

Post Number: 1435
ive done the great stuff foam in my trunk.. tape off the extra gaps in the trunk lid bracing and spray away .. try to select a few places to spray so you can cover the entire area.. it took longer than expected to dry though.

after that you can peal-n-seal the rest of the trunk lid. that would probably be the cheapest route.

alot of times the worst rattle is from the simple things liek a license place or a piece shield underneathe the car.. i'd try to single out the rattles to ensure you cover everything instead of doing just one part and being disappointed when someone else stills rattles..

keep in mind that once you get one rattle to stop something else will begin lol.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1543
yeah i made an enclosure in my door with that stuff. only thing is it isnt going to come off easy or at all so keep that in mind
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us