Newbie needs help

Username: Nu2this

Post Number: 1
learned the hard way on cvr12s. now i need advice how to get a good system. i have a homemade sealed box with 1 cf per chamber for 2 12s. they just don't hit hard. i read here that a smaller sub would hit harder in the small box. how much smaller and what brand should i go with. i would like to stay in the $300 range.

other stuff include power acoustic xover and old punch 60x2 with kenwood hu. this sucks i spent tons of time on this box to make it fit under the seat of my truck just to find out you have to be in the cab to here it. i thought i would be poundin hard

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7863
you want to spend $300 on 2 12" subs??

i suggest 2 companies.

www.ficaraudio.com

and

www.ascendantaudio.com

also, do you have the subs firing up underneath the seats?? b/c that KILLS the bass.

Post Number: 2
yes they fire down but i don't have to put 12s in if smaller ones would work better with the box. i raised the box up about an 1" to let them breath too. it was real bad before that.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1528
i dont really get how you have your subs now. maybe post a pic. also youll need a decent amp for them.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7870
so they are underneath your seats, and they fire down into the floor of the vehicle. you are essentially smothering them. it would be a miracle for them to be loud. lol

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7871
also, you are only sending them 60wRMS a piece???

you need a more powerful amp man.

Post Number: 3
trucks not here right now as soon as it get back i can take a pic. but it's an 00 Ford ext cab with the box under the rear. i raised the seat to put the box under. i added a 1" spacer between the box and floor.

Post Number: 5
Muddy i had the amp from back in school days. it was hooked up to an ss12 box and it would pound then. but it was in a car. the amp is bridged with the subs in a series an really sure what the amp is putting out @ 2ohms but its more than this junk kicker calls a sub wants :-) . i think the rf amps back then were called cheater amps. i guess i need to know what i need to buy to get a good system in this truck but keep the back seat. got a family now and can't go rippin out the back seat any more
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us