Just Got Some Cash And Ready To Spend!

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 405
Hey guys, I finally got some cash to blow on a brand new system and I would like some suggestions on what my set-up should be (amp(s), enclosure, subwoofer(s) and possibly another battery and H/O alt if im gonna need it). My max spending limit is $1,600. I would like to put together a nice clear sounding system that can scoring high in SPL and be able to be used for everyday use. Ive been looking around on ebay and a subwoofer that caught my eye was the Pioneer Premier TS-W5102SPL but, im not really sure if that's an every day use subwoofer. What do you guys think? Any ideas of what I could get?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7143
SI mag 12($450) box($50 you build yourself), amp jl 1000/1($700 ebay) what type of car do you have? do you need mids and high's? amp for them? head unit?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7794
i agree with James..
and if a MAg is out of your price range. a 12" BM in a ported box wouldn't be very far behind...:-)

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3156
^^^^ muddy is the SI seller now hehe lol!

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 408
Nope, the SI isnt out of my range but, where could I get one? ebay? or is there a web site somewhere?

Also, how do they sound in overall? Would that beat the Pioneer subwoofer I stated above?

"what type of car do you have? do you need mids and high's? amp for them? head unit?"

Right now, im trying to find myself a new car because mu olds is crap and im runnin 160,000 miles now. I do have a few cars that I have in mind though, an Eagle Talon (forgot the year, I think 95?), a 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, or a 2003 S-10 Extreme (but as a SUV). Mids and highs im not going to worry about until I actually get my new car and im fine with finding and buying my own head unit! Amps i'll need a little help with though, what would you recommend other than that JL amp to power the SI?

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 509
SI, buy off of lowhz.com, dont know if the website is working yet. contact kevin at lowhz01@yahoo.com. thats his email. i talked with him abuot me getting a mag but i never did.
(im pretty sure thats his email)

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 409
no, that web site isnt working :/

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7879
low-hz is down right now, they got hacked, but all that is fixed and he(the operator, Ben) is waiting on the hosting service to fix the os commerce.(check out part)

go to ROE to see some vids of the Mag's and BM's. :-)

and yes, i am a rep for low-hz now, so if you have any questions about the Si subs let me know, or email Kevin Holden at lowhz01@yahoo.com, OR hit up Ben(the owner and operator of the Low-Hz site on aim -- showridesnet :-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7880
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/brands/stereointegrity.htm

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 410
Hey Muddy, what are the specs on a 12" Mag?

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 729
make shore you have a bit of the money left for electrical upgrades.

Id say spend about 800 on a system and the rest on electrical upgrades.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7883
12 inch
Re (coils in series) - 3.5
Fs - 30.2
Le - 3.5
Qms - 4.7
Qes - 0.45
Qts - 0.41
Cms - 121
Mms (grams) - 228
Vas (liters) - 39.7
Sd (cm^2) - 480
BL - 18.35
SPL (1W/1M) - 85.7
Power handling RMS - 500-900(can take over1000wRMS)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7884
this Mag is in a 1 cube sealed box with only 250wRMS on it. they do a lot with a little power.:-)

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 411
Wow, thats only 250 RMS? Whats it like at 1000, lol? How much for a 2 12" Mags?

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 412
also, where could I get a diagram of an enclosure for these subs (ported)?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7915
they are $450 a piece, but "you get what you pay for" as they say about them. they are a very musical subwoofer, while getting very loud at the same time.

here is the Subjective SQ review of the great 12" Challenge. the Mag came in 2nd to an $800 woofer, and it was louder:-)

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/showthread.php?t=16174

i am not sure when Low-Hz is going to be back up, but if you buy through there, mention my name and they might hook you up with anything you need, not sure. lol i am a new rep.:-)

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 413
ok, cool :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Boomtank

Post Number: 21
How do the Mag and BM compare to like DD3500's or Fi.Q's

Was deciding between the 2 DD3515's or 2 Fi.Q15's

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7991
ok here we go. lol

in the 12" Challenge, the Q was slightly louder at every freq. than was the Magnum and BM. but in the subjective SQ test, the Magnum took the cake, so to each their own. :-)

i ca tell you right now, that DD's are very clean/distortion free drivers with a clean signal, but i don't think they pay as much attention to detail as would a Q/Mag/BM...it is more of a clean-sounding SPL woofer.

if i wanted something that was more on the loud end, i would get the DD's and i would throw around 1600-1800wRMS to each 3500.

if i wanted something more on the SQ end(and even that is subjective considering you will be giving them 2000wRMS, not much SQ there, really loud and clean, but overpowering) i wold get the Q's and give them 1000-1200wRMS each.

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 493
When he said he wants to put up some high SPL numbers why would you recommend one 12" sub? Im not saying that sub cant get loud but he would have a much better chance of getting loud with one, maybe two, fifteens.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7999
well he could do 2 12" Bm's.:-)

i already mentioned that in another thread to him.

and also, i didn't realize he was spending money on an SPL system. although the MAgs do get loud son.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 525
muddy,
how much is a 12" BM?
im just curious

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 8007
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=4&post=911675#POST911675

Bronze Member
Username: Mrbeefy

Post Number: 29
that Mag vid is sweet...

I was wondering (and I know these are pricey) but for my system I'm really interested in a Boston Acoustics SPG555... is anyone familiar with BAs offerings, or this sub? I'm thinking of running it with a JL 1000/1 as mentioned above

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1514
Those BAs are hard to come by, spendy and require a custom box becuase of the shape. When it is all said and done you could probably get 2 better subs for the same price. Just my take on it. It would be cool just for the uniqueness of it, though. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Mrbeefy

Post Number: 30
subwoofersetc.com has them for 550 a peice I'm thinkin (down the road, broke right now, need HU and Comps + amps first LMAO I know shoping list) I could fit 2 in a custom box so they would fire up though custom holes in my rear deck.

I am lookin at SQL but SPL would b nice too... wonderin if these could do it

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 8019
sure, or you could get some Mags lol. the G5's are more SQ oriented iirc...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us