What sub(s) / amp combo is best for about $500 or $600???

Username: Pitbullguy

Post Number: 2
I already have a pretty nice Alpine head unit and some infinity speakers which i'm going to put in my 2000 Crown Victoria. What sub(s) and amplifier would give me the most bang for my buck. My buck being about 5 or 6 hundred. Quality and raw power i consider equally important. Friends have recommended subs such as Kicker, MTX, and Phoenix gold...are these good brands? are others better? what are the best online car audio sites to order subs/amps from???? Any help is much appreciated i am just starting to learn about car audio. THANK YOU!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 27
2 Kicker Cvr 12...Hi Fonics Bxi 1206D should do a good job

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 671
2 15" kicker compvrs....memphis prd1000.1 with box should be $565

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 309
Kicker ZX1000.1 Amplifier 300$
2 Diamond Audio D3 12'' Subwoofers $220

Spend the rest on a good box and wiring.
Killer System.

Post Number: 3
I checked out kicker comps and diamond D3's, for a similar price i could could do like just 1 kicker L7 or CVX, or 1 Diamond D6...How would those options differ from doing 2 comps or d3's?? Not as loud but better quality?? require different type of amp??

Also what do i need in the way of wiring/accessories so i can go to a local car audio place and just be like "install this stuff please"

THANK YOU very much guys...keep the good info comin :-)

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 676
i think a good setup will be 2 15" kicker compvrs since you dont know much about those brands!! No dont go there they will charge you too much. you dont know any friends that have systems that can install it for you??

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2386
hey carol i got u on myspace right?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7813
i would get a Si Bm and a nice 500-600wRMS amp to push it. great SQ and very respectable output.
go check out the 12" Challenge on ROE.:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7814
forgot link. lol

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/forumdisplay.php?s=8f4586720c9bacc6ba87dcd5284 11b92&f=58

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 677
yea thats me lil rob...i have TWO myspaces..lol

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2388
yeah i know bro juzz keep bumpin and sh1t

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3155
1 Fi SSD dual 2 ohm with a Soundstream picasso 1000D

Cheap/loud/good SQ and spend the rest on box, wires

Post Number: 4
never heard of "Si Bm" or "Fi SSD"...is there a site where i can look at em?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7828
www.ficaraudio.com <~~~SSD

www.stereointegrity.com <~~~Si BM

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
"checked out kicker comps and diamond D3's, for a similar price i could could do like just 1 kicker L7 or CVX, or 1 Diamond D6...How would those options differ from doing 2 comps or d3's?? Not as loud but better quality?? require different type of amp??

Also what do i need in the way of wiring/accessories so i can go to a local car audio place and just be like "install this stuff please"

THANK YOU very much guys...keep the good info comin "

The two D3s will give you more cone area and therefore will be louder than just the one D6. The D6 would have better SQ meaning deeper but not as loud. Two D6 would be louder than the two D3s but you would need bigger amps and thats out of your budget.

I lean towards the Diamond Audio stuff over any kicker anyday. They have alot better Sound Quality and equal or better output. I would say stay away from square subs like the L7.

The Fi and the Si subs are good as well. They cost a bit more though so you would have to get a soundstream or some cheaper amplifier. Personally I have never liked soundstream much especially the new stuff.

If you got the Fi or Si it will be loud but, the having two subs like the Diamonds would be louder. In the right box the stuff I recommended you will be pretty rediculous loud by most peoples standards(130+ dbs).

Getting it installed at a shop is going to set you back like probably 100-200$ alone. So it will definitly stop you from buying nicer equipment.

Its not that hard just ask your friends or something and we will help you out on here. Read about installation on google.

Diamond audio has ported box plans for the two D3s here www.diamondaudio.com look at the support for the subs to find the .pdf file.

Silver Member

Post Number: 313
"I lean towards the Diamond Audio stuff over any kicker anyday."

By that I meant subwoofers. Both Diamond and Kicker amps are very good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us