Detection of radar

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1272
http://cgi.ebay.com/COBRA-XRS-9930-RADAR-LASER-DETECTOR-XRS9930-buySAFE_W0QQitem Z230042344463QQihZ013QQcategoryZ88748QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

is this a good radar detector?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2815
detection of radar couldnt have just posted radar detector just found it funny lol

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2132
you know if you're picking up a laser with your detector, chances are you're already picked up.

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1274
thanks, you realize there is a reason you get these its cause they work, is this a good one?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2153
i'm just saying that from experience.

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1278
expierience? ummm, why would people have them if you were already picked up when it goes off?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1539
becasue people are stupid and think they help when in reality they help a little but with the new technology and guns the cops have there isnt much worth in having them

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7930
if your's goes off detecting a laser, the cop already has you. too late.:-)

the only thing they are good for is if the cop is sitting in his car b.s.ing, and yours picks his up before he sees you and snags you with the laser.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2173
actually, laser really only works when he points it at you and squeezes the trigger. it's not like old radar that picks up the vehicles passing it, thats why detectors worked with them. that's why i say detectors are not worth the money, just a waste.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1546
yeah they used to be good but now cops dont even use radar they use laser so its pointless basically

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7933
that what i meant by snagging...they ahve to point it at the car...so they have to be paying attention.lol

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1703
that model claims to pick up laser when its a mile away, when its shootin at other people

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2174
still a waste. if at a mile away it picks up the laser when it's shot, if that laser was shot at your car to begin with it's to late. so if thats' the case, not only have you spent money on a laser detector but now you also have to spend money on a ticket.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2175
still a waste. if at a mile away it picks up the laser when it's shot, if that laser was shot at your car to begin with it's to late. so if thats' the case, not only have you spent money on a laser detector but now you also have to spend money on a ticket.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1705
i want to buy that 9930, is there any performance differences between that and the 9639, is the only difference the screen???

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1116
Anyone know if its illegal for a cop to use radar at night? I got pulled last night at 10 pm doing 41 in a 30 zone. I thought they couldnt use em after dark, or in the rain? Got off with a warning, Cuz is a sargent in that town.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1828
Laser detectors work, ONLY AND IF ONLY you have a guinea pig. Hmmm what's a guinea pig, not literally a rodent but a person who just has to drive faster than anyone else. If you ever notice there is always someone out there faster and more stupid than you, I know it is hard to believe BUT ITS TRUE! Using your detector in conjunction with a guinea pig it can be very effective. If you are the only person on the expressway, it is useless, fact. To effectively avoid detection you need a combination of things, 1.) Pay attention while always scanning mirrors 2.) Good radar detector 3.) A fast and stupid guinea pig. Be very cautious with late night or early moring driving where you are alone on the e-way, best time to get busted. Polo. :-O

Gold Member

Post Number: 1706
should i buy the best detector cobra makes, does it have better detection than the 9630, cobra says it doesnt...anyone know?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1829
While the jammer/scrambler may not work (who knows) but the detection is the best anywhere! I have this one and I have never gotten a ticket while using it (3 yrs now) Polo..

PS- This company is owned/operated by ex-cops...:-O

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1830
OOPs...

http://www.rockymountainjammer.com/site/557709/product/RMR-C450

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1347
i have even a cheaper solution.....just follow the rules and save urself like 300 bucks..lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1710
but the rocky mountain doesnt have KU detection

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1831
Probably because we don't have it here in the US. Polo..

http://copradar.com/preview/chapt1/ch1d1.html#kuband

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1281
well, i started this topic to see what yall thought, but i already happen to know it works, i drove on a free way, me and one other car basically the whole time, bout 115 mile per hour average and 2 cops made my radar jump so we slowed down and passed them about a mile later, so im damn sure it works, so you dont have to use one if you done want to, but im def going to

Gold Member

Post Number: 1713
what one do you use troy??

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1287

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 8004
don't speed, problem solved...or only drive 5-8mph over the speed limits. and you won't have to worry unless there is an azzhole cop. lol

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1298
speeding is a necessity when you live 140 miles away from "real" civilization

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 8008
how the fuckass do you figure??

leave your house with enough time to get there, and you don't have to worry about speeding...wow. lolol

that's a bit of knowledge that makes your life easier^^^

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1306
no, its just the fact that you could either drive 2 hours or 45minutes, speeding is life, f@ck the police

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 8010
fuckem....:-)

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

TREO, USA USA

Post Number: 2123
in the a$S....:-)
i got ur back muddy :-O
literraly maybe?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1715
will the 9630 perform the same as the 9930?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1837
It is a cat and mouse game, if they want you they will get you! Funny because the other day my radar was clear so I kicked it up to 90 and set the cruise when in the distance I saw a car with a weird stripe on its back, happen to be a state boy, lol. If you go too fast it is easy to run up on one, then they just make up a speed and call it moving radar, FACT... :-O

Gold Member

Diamonds in the back.

Post Number: 1723
if a cop pulls you over, and your radar dectector doesnt pick it up, can you ask to see the radar gun?? do cops have to prove it to you??

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1838
Yes you can ask and NO he doesn't have to prove SH!T, lol. Polo.. :-O

Silver Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 134
cops can guess your speed or pace you to. ive had both done to me but usually when they guess it they let you go because they know it wont hold up in court. here in new york troopers and sheriffs have to go through a course and to pass it they have to guess car speeds within five miles and be accurate. new york is really strict with speeding

i have been pulled over and given a ticket before and i do have a top of the line radar detector. you never feel more stupid as hes writing you a ticket and you detector is beeping. most of the time they work well if you get a good one but in hilly areas you can come onto a cop pretty fast and then your screwed but if you can detect the radar far enough away you will be good most radar detectors have levels at which the radar is coming at. mine jsut has bars and when the bars are low you have time to slow down but once it gets above five your pretty much screwed unless you find a driveway to turn into pretty fast

Gold Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1326
yeah i got pulled over before i had my radar for 75 in the 45 and he didnt give me a ticket, im guessing it was because he didnt clock me, or maybe he likes outback idk(i was wearing my outback shirt)

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 507
just get a jammer
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us