Old School Amps:anyone ever heard ot these or seen them???

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 377
Upload
Upload
i have nice feet ....i know

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 307
Never heard of the top one.

The coustic one is pretty good though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
really? well my uncle used them in his car back in the 90's and he gave then to me for free. i dont have any specs on them though.

anyone else know anything about these?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1105
my collection of old school amps All Optimus.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

RE AUDIO

Post Number: 544
lol marc i have the same optimus as the last one you posted i somehow blew it though lol

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1107
Minimun load bridged is 8 ohms, thats the most common problem ppl have/had with em. I bought all these brand new when radio hacks sold car audio. I have never had problems with em. I dont use them now, except for the 2- 25x2 ones for rear fill. But I just lack the heart to part with em.(did sell the 260, due to its high distortion, $20)
And that 170 one put out close to 210watts...blew many a Jensen triax with that one...

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1139
I had a coustic 380 in 1990.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7138
those optimus amps look like the old scool alpine amps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
thanks for taking over my thread marc!!!!
really appreciate it.

Anybody know anything about MY amps??since this is MY thread????

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1108
Well klez, I did look for your amps, but maybe it would be more helpful if you acually put in some model numbers instead of some blurry pics.
And try posting it in the AMP section next time too. After all this is the Sub section.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1140
Based on my experience with mine;

I would have to say that when I had mine it was an average amp. It was nothing great. There were many other amps out there that were better built, produced cleaner results, and were more powerfull. Back then you didnt find many amps that were stable below 2 ohm, so wiring configurations were 2-8 ohms.

From the pic it seems that your amp is rather small in comparison to your right foot/toes. It says 100 A on it. So it may not be that powerful. Back then there were no class D amps. So most amps were large in size if they were any good, with some exceptions (RF Punch 45 which is now a throw back because of its ingenuity) and a few others out there.

If your amps were exceptional quality and were top of the line, then they would be worth something nowadays, but if they are anything less, then they would not be worth anything anymore. There are way too many amps nowadays that are better for less, so unless you plan on keeping em for collection purposes, they would not be worth using.

The other amp I am not familiar with, so I hope you get some feedback from others that have experience with it. Hopefully that it will be worth more than the Coustic. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
ok. thank you marc
i would post in the AMPS section, but there arent near as many people there..so get over it

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1109
I would suggest taking some clear pics of em, top,front, back, sides, and insides, send them over to ROE ampguts section, and see if someone can help identify them.
Coustic Amp 100 is probly 50x2 at 4 ohms 1x100 at 4 ohms
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Coustic_AMP-150/
The other one is unreadable. It just says sound something. How many channels is it?, what are the fuses?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us