Rovin, The Newbie, lol

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1096
I found this thread while looking for a HU, Rovin was a newbie with only 117 posts, Man, look at you now.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/155561.html

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7732
lol. at one point in time i had more posts than Rovin. then i left for 6 months and came back and WHOA!!!! lol

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 478
yea muddy, u only had a few posts to your resume as well bud.

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 663
Those were great discussions. Something seldom seen anymore.......

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7736
no kidding....

i learned a LOT from listening to mixneffect, jonathan, gw, mikechec9, and a few others go back and forth.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9556
yep yep - the good ol' days lol

yes i use 2 post my 2cents in too many damn threads but have cut back my posts quite drastically a while now

well its still VERY sensible 2 ask others their opinions like how i was asking about that particular HU & both MO & i got ours a wk apart , i still have mine love it , MO sold his last wk .

Point is dont be afraid 2 ask others & choose a good system - i kept my system fully intact because i like it past 9/10mths now & only recently sold my type Rs , Muddy has his even a few more mths than me & now changing his sub only .........

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1138
GW was only a gold member at that time........ lol :-)

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 248
It is funny to hear you all say that it was so long ago, then i look back at the date...it was just under a year ago. Sort of a scary thought to think that all of you gained a lot of knowledge in just a year....What does that mean for this forum in 6 months when a lot of the newcommers will have been here for a year...genious

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7754
a bunch of us that are in the high thousands of posts, were here during the "Age of Reason" i like to call it, when all the Vets were around teaching us everything we would need to know before they would disappear...forever.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 168
cheers! forever is scary isn't it? think about all ur childhood friends n look back to the paths they all took... good, bad, etc., just plain n simple, we all carve our paths... im still finding my way but not alone anymore, i'll still be stepping forward for my wife n me daughter... forever learning till the day i depart from existence.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1098
"I learned a LOT from listening to mixneffect, jonathan, gw, mikechec9, and a few others go back and forth."

Well said. I joined just as most of them were leaving. I would scan posts with thier names, cause I know it was good info. I think some more vetrans will dissapear as they lean towards SQ set ups in the future. SPL seems to be a stepping stone into car audio addiction. and SPL set ups are a lot cheaper compared to a real high end SQ system. Anyway.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7137
yup you are right Marc! SQ is much more of an expensive hobby then SPL. I miss Jon, he used to put so many num nuts' in their place:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7778
once you have your high-end SQ system and don't have any complaints with it. you are THROUGH with car audio until you get another vehicle, b/c then you don't need to keep upgrading....

it is like i have been telling Rovin, Chad, and Chauncey and Doc. once i get my Mag and get settled, you will never see me on here again

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7142
I am with you on that one:-) I am deff going with the mag Josh:-) I am gonna try it off my orion hcca 250g4 first at 800 watts @ 1ohm @ 12 volts:-) if I need more I am gonna step it up to a 1000/1:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7792
sweet man. i am gonna give mine 500w at 4 ohms with my DLS A6, if that isn't enough, i will upgrade my wiring to 1/0 and then give it 1200 at 1 ohm:-)

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1142
Ha Ha Ha, The game never ends boys. Thats what I used to say too...

First its SPL, then its SQ, then its SQL, then its the same but in a different mode, etc...

Lets face it. Were not addicted to a paper cones, magnet, silk tweeters, titanium, kevlar, watts, volts, ohms, blue neon lights, or whatever. We are addicted to the feeling you get when you achieved something that was totally you, and no one else has what you have. Its a milestone.

Then you get bored with it. But now it takes a lot longer to prepare your next reference system, cuz now you want something different, lol. Ha Ha Ha, its a freakin neverending circle, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4934
I have to say ive learned alot on here as well and primarily sq is the name of my game but an spl comp will always be in my future...and sometimes ill be the man behind the scenes helping others score as I have in the past....either way its fun to me

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1908
Wow this thread makes me wanna cry, lol...:-)

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 237
sniff*

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7147
yup not all of us will abandon all of those who need help like your friend Muddy over here lolol

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7850
:-(

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7851

quote:

I am with you on that one:-) I am deff going with the mag Josh:-) I am gonna try it off my orion hcca 250g4 first at 800 watts @ 1ohm @ 12 volts:-) if I need more I am gonna step it up to a 1000/1:-)

Upload
needed to use this pic. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us