Serious Question...Life......or DEATH....:-(:-(:-(

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7350
IF you had to choose....to be put in a .707Qtc Sealed Enclosure, powered by my DLS A6 at 2 ohms(~900wRMS)....which would you take???

12" Fi Car Audio Q

or

12" Stereo Integrity BM

Mag is outta the picture, unless i come upon an extra $100 or so in the next month. HAHAHA!!
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1404
Q

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7354
i need any and all opinions......valid opinions.....tell me why you chose it. lol

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1408
didnt they test both in the 12" challenge, anyway i can see the pickle your in, if your considering buy through Low Hz that is, both scott and ben are really cool guys i would be happy giving either of them my money lol. I'd say flip a coin

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9565
save and get a mag....do it right the first time!!!!

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1412
^^^ agreed

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1413
muddy i just read that your DD isnt super loud by ear but it shakes everything, if the Q really does have trouble down low you might miss out on that lol

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7365
here is the deal with the MAg....it is D2....i don't particularly want to run my amp at 1 ohm, nor do i want to upgrade my power wire. it is LOUD ENOUGH for me with my DD, i don't ever use the sub level past +3 out of 6....i don't need a lot of bass, but i want something that will get loud in a sealed box, b/c ported is more efficient, blah blah blah.

so the Mag is out, besides that Chauncey, money doesn't come my way often. it took me 2 YEARS to get everything i have.......

so now i am wondering about the "Mini Mag" or the higly touted "Q"????

i want something that will be pretty happy with ~900wRMS...and the Q will not....but i still would love to have one, help me out guys!!!!!:-)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9568
but u have really nice stuff...lloll

if the M.Mag. is anything like the Mag. then im pretty sure u will be happy

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7368
i agree^^^ i have 2 people lending out their hands to help me, if i could, i would by both...:-(

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9570
are those the only 2 subs u want???...i no how u love sq...maybe one of those they did in that flawed test??

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7369
i will read the test again(realizes Chauncey may have the answer like a wise Sith Warrior)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7375
c'mon guys!!!!! aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9437
crystal subs r cheap & sounds pretty good .......Upload

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7384
i just got done looking at the Test results for the Mag and BM and Q...the BM did amazingly well....so did the Q and MAg...but damn...the BM was right up there in the SPL dept.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1396
they have the SPL results posted? link?

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1880
Is that all the space you have Muddy?? I havnt heard much about the BM, but for the reviews and price on the Q, id go with the Q and my friend said he wuz gonna buy my kickers on the 23rd so im thinkin of getting a Q to feed my low bass crave...o id be powerin it with 900rms too, wut a coinky dink :-)

BTW wut are the specs and price on that BM sub??

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7387
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58

MAtt^^^

http://stereointegrity.com/BM.html - <~~~TJ

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1397
nice nice. that should SHUT people up about the Q not being loud down low. peak freq at 35hz!

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1883
Price of BM??

Id go with Q, ive never heard reviews on the BM but you prob have, the Q could handle more power, the Q will prob be better with 900rms, and accoding to the specs the Q should do best in the smallest sealed enclosure....all IMO plez dont hate, i gave my input....:-).....

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2730
muddy go bm everyone is gonna own a fi in a month or so wouldnt u like to stay diffrent still.

also the bm just seems better for the money to me and has been proven not saying the q isnt but id go bm

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7388
nah, i am not hating TJ, thanks for your honest opinon:-)

the BM's are $260 - 10" and $280 - 12". but they will handle ~900wRMs....and they are supposed to have SQ like a Mag...dunno though.

thanks Charlie....i do like to be different. lol not sure however....

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1886
WUT IS THA DAMN PRICE OF THE BM!!!!!!??????

I agree wit charlie about tha whole everyone ownin a fi in a month but i dont give a fu*k ima get 1 cuz no one around here has even heard of that brand or RE TREO AA SI DD, they just know wuts sold in local best buys and sh!t like sony, dual, kicker, alpine, infinity etc. etc.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1887
o lol sorry Muddy didnt c ur post....:-)

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1888
Whats the most power a BM can handle??

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 139
Q

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7390
thanks for your opinoins Andrew, but Why????? it means nothing unless you can back it up(not trying to discredit you, more like motivating you to give a reason. lol)

TJ, ~900wRMS is pretty much it until you start to compromise things....

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1366
muddy, that is a hard choice to make, both are nice subs. the 900 youd give the bm is probly the most you should, however why do you not want to run your amp at 1ohm it does 1200right? the Q would probly do well with 900 although iv talked to this guy running 2000 to his for over a month.

another thing, why not step up to the 3500? or i know you dont really like ebay but maybe search on some other fourms for a 9100. if you sell your box and sub now that should give you a little extra cash money.

one other thing to consider is AA is going to be putting up some avas on ebay with their full warrentee so you could probly get a hella good deal on one i think they will go for like 150shipped maybe 175.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7398
i dont want to run my amp at 1 ohm b/c i have 4ga. power wire, and i am pushing it as it is...

i want a sub that does well in a sealed box, i don't want a ported box, or i would keep what i have. lol

also, the BM is out, talked to Nick at Si, he said look for something else if i want sealed....

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2742
you wont find a 9100 online anywhere for cheap sorry but they cost more than a 9900. they cost that much cause of the magnet. but then again muddy knows that

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3030
Stereo integrity= more efficient and you don't need a lot to power it properly so that's an extra for you muddy.

Fi q= budget option, not bad at all, good quality but you might need to upgrade wires and might not sound as good as the SI.

Maybe this isn't right or valid at all cuz you know more than me but those are my opinions...

Muddy what about ID MAX? is that an option for ya?

My 2 cents

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2746
he wont go for it take my word right now lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3033
What about soundsplinter RL-P muddy??

MO has one brand new cheaper than SS website

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2749
nope once again lol trust me he has this narrowed down to those 2 and if i am correct he is getting closer to picking

cough bm cough

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7403
holy f-in H......

i am geting tired of all this. lol

i was going to go BM, not so much to power, smaller box. but i talked to Nick at Si, and he said if i am going sealed, find another woofer.....so the BM is out...

I WANT A MAG, but i WILL NOT spend the extra money to run one...aka, new power wire, new big 3 upgrade, new fuse, new d-block. all to run more power than i am running now on 4ga.

why can't the Mag come in D4????????????????????

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 313
dont be a girl, cook that 4ga power wire!

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
can u not save up for some 0 guage?

do u think u dont have the charging system or something

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7406
to put it plainly...no, i can't save up for power wire...b/c i have some extra money coming my way in a month or so, hence the onyl reason i am getting a new sub, no extra for power wire. lol

i have the charging system, just not the money to do all this crap.

all i wanted to do from the beginning is buy a different sub and a new box and "plug and play"

i think i am sticking with the Q.........

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7422
anybody have any input on my situation??:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
run the Q on 1200 and keep the 4awg

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1389
what about get the mag i set your gain with a DMM so the most power youll see is 900rms witch is what the mag is rated at anyway

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7440
how about this.....

you have all seen how well the mag does on like 250wRMS, 400wRMS....whay if i ran mine at 4ohms giving it 500wRMS and then after i upgrade my wire, i can run it at one ohm!!!!!

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):0:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7441
ALL by hand....took me a good minute....lol

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7442
or i could get the Q and not have to worry about all that Upload

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Not yet decided, IA US

Post Number: 1488
muddy, it's about time u upgrade for some bigger SQL.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7452
thats just it though....i dont WANT OR NEED any MORE bass....i just want better sounding bass!!! aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6400
according to all the owners of the Q, it hits real low. i mean low. if you like low bass muddy, this sub is for you.

put a q in a sealed and take out the ssf and it will hit lowwwwwwww.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7455
i know it will hit lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

the 12" Challenge already proved that....it hit lower louder than the Mag. but will it sound better???????? and is the Mag worth the extra money?????

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9468
join the FI club & git urself a Q.........

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9469
DUDE ! - dont post that nasty pic ! ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 324
you dont like that pic dood? i thought it was tight!

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7500
anybody else have any suggestions or opinions??

thanks guys!:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7501
Upload<~~~~~~~Q

or

Upload<~~~~~~~Mag

??

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2050
save and get the mag. i've heard one ran with a kicker 1250.1 and it sounded amazing. and it was sealed.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1403
i was reading on ca.com that the Q hasnt been preforming that well in sealed enclosures so if you want to go sealed like you are then that might not be the best best.

if you can get a good deal on the mag :-) go for it. try running it at 4ohm and then if you need more power just wire to 1ohm and set the gain so you get less power.

if for whatever reason you dont like the mag it will be an easy sub to sell too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
audiobahn flame q series...

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7504
thanks for the advice guys...minues Tremor...wtf bro. lolol

if anybody else has anyhting they want to add(pertaining to my choices) let me know!!:-)

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1452
MUDDDDDDDDYYYYYYY get on aim lol we will discuss it

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1453
p00p on this site didnt bump

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6465
muddy.....whatever you decide on, i will support you 100%.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1454
you get on aim too mr chad

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1116
This is a life or death question?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9502
4 muddy apparently it is - LOL .......

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7517
you already used those smilies in another thread.

try again foreign man.....lol:-)

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1430
decide yet!!!!!????

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2769
muddy me personally would go mag but maybe its just cause im not really into fi as much as the rest of u guys and not to many people own mag's. Also everytime i here someone say they heard a mag they always say it is one of the best if no the best sq sub they have ever heard but yet it still gets loud very loud. So i would go mag

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4887
"save and get a mag....do it right the first time!!!!"

I agree....if thats what you really want do that ..it would be a shame to pass it up over 100 bucks ...save it they will be there

Silver Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 390
i would save and get the mag...it will perform better in a sealed box...and i have read that it has amazing sq...and thats what u said ur lookin for...

:-)MAG:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7539
thanks for the input Guys....

i have decided to run my amp at 4 ohms....i amtired of blinking lights at stop lights(and yes i have a 220A alt. it is called lag).....for what i want, i don't need anymore watts....and the Q will simply shine the more watts you give it, whichi am not willing to do.:-(

so Mag it is i guess...

ANY

BODY else??? lol

or would anyone just like to chat about subs with me? lol

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1453
muddy its funny you make it sound like getting the mag is a bad thing!

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2774
lol he does but muddy guarantee u will be happy in the end and u will have it for a long time just say bye bye dd im kinda sad now

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7581
OMFG....

my alternator is pissing me off...i need a new Voltage Regulator......i have a f*cking light show when my car is at idle.

oh and check this OUT.

i almost fryed my car today.

i had a dead battery, so i got jumped and went to Sears, didn't like the prices so i went to get jumped again by my GF, my car has a red plastic boot over the positive, hers has a black rubber boot over the positive...so i accidently switched the cables on her car(which was already running, and connected them to my battery.......

spark...i fugured ehh wth, and tried to start my car....nothing....then i look out and the cables on her battery are SMOKING!!! and they are melting the metal on my side....i f*cked up BIG TIME....almost killed my car's computer, but i just RESET it, so when i switched it back and started my car, the RPM's went way up and then came back down, and then the car could barely hold an idle.

i was flipping out the whole time they were replacing my battery(which was supposed to take 30 minutes), and it ended up taking an hour and change. So THEN, he has the Die Hard Gold batt. in my car and is testing it, he says it shows a 11.x volt charge, and that i have an very bad draw somewhere in my electrical system(he said my stero, i said no) so he takes the batt. out to "double check it" and the machine says "charge battery" - - it is a brand new battery. so he takes another one off the shelf, it says the same thing. so he grabs yet another one, it tests fine, he then puts it in my car, and it is doing fine. so i get that done, and i pay...........

$111.28 are you f*cking kidding me????? oh well, it isn't like i could have gone anywhere else, remember, i fryed my batt by accidently switching the terminals

so now my alt. is being goofy(has been for quite some time now actually, my US AMp shuts off ALL the time from too much voltage) and i believe it is the voltage regulator.....

i saw the cars Volts at IDLE...15.2-15.4 and then 14.4 when it goes above that...way too high...
i am tired of this b.s. and i am starting to wish i never bought the DLS amp and the alt. to power it....jfc...
/end rant

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1491
im sorry *hug* lol

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4892
why do you think i dont want alternator killing systems anymore I dont want those headaches.....loud enough is loud enough

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7588
bought the Alt. from USA Reman, a company out of Orlando FL....220 amps....have had nothing but problems.......

btw, thanks for the e-hug Doc.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7589
i should sell my DLS amp, and just put my US Amp back on full system duty.......and put my Stock Alt. back in and be done with this sh1t.....

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7594
Sooooooooooooo....

i called the guy in Orlando that made my alt, and he is shipping me out a Voltage Regulator FREE OF CHARGE.:-):-):-) and the guy who put my alt in is going to replace it for free. so hoepfully i can be done with this mess....

Gold Member

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6503
good to hear muddy.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1461
damn muddy that sucks. i know what you mean about a light show, my alt. is deing and i get a light show to even with no load on it other then the battery.

good to hear everything is working out though. and that sucks you had to buy that battery, well you know what they say SH;T HAPPENS!

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7598
i guess so....but this sh1t costs money FOO!!!!:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
yikes - but why was the battery dead in the first place?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7639
it was old. stock battery that had been drained from starting/normal wear and tear/stereo system....

you are supposed to replace your STOCK battery every 4 years(if you continue to get a stock batt. most aftermarket batts last longer)

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3059
Get the MAg man. Even though mine arent hooked up, they talk to me... they are great woofers. suposed to be pretty easy to hit 138-140 sealed with a 12 AND sound amazing at the same time.

8)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7672
DUDE!!!!!!

glad to see you back on the forum after such a long absence....yet another person has convinced me of the Magnum. lol

so get THIIIIIIIS SH1111111111111111111111T....

the guy who made my alt....MADE the V. Regulator to run in upwards of 15V....and he is shipping me a Voltae regulator that will do NORMAL HO alt voltage, instead of "look what i can our powerful alts do" voltage.

i told him my amps were shutting off from the overly high voltage and he said that he made it like that especially for us(the audioshop at the time that i ordered it through and helped out at).

but the Alt. isn't under warranty anymore, but he said "I ain't gonna leave you hangin like Stinger or those other guys man, i will help you out".:-):-):-)

so hopefully after i get the V.Regulator replaced...i can focus on the MAGGGGGGG. lol

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7673
that post^^^ was in regards to this oneVVVVV

quote:

bought the Alt. from USA Reman, a company out of Orlando FL....220 amps....have had nothing but problems.......

it is a solid alt....it is just the Voltage is wayy to high.:-(

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9546
NICE ! - now u can go 2 sleep comfortably ...lol !....

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3075
Thats awesome. always makes you feel good to deal with good customer service. because he could have easy said. "and thats my problem why?" lol

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3076
addon to rovins
...and dream about the MAG 8)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7682
Upload

Upload<~~~all night to a pic of that badboy.....

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 454
Wow. Another idiot.

Buys low v amps....and runs a high v alt.

THEN, to prove he's dumber than a box of rocks, gets a regulator, instead of amps that will produce more power at higher voltage.

Wow.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 456
Muddy.....once again.

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 22
LOL ^^^^

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7687
only 1 of my amps shuts off. the USAmp.:-)

and 15.5V is too high for my car's elec. system anyway...

thanks though!

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3081
umm, maybe he wanted to keep the amps. doi!
theres no need to run over 14.4V if your not a competitor

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1309
are u gunna get a 12" or 15"?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1490
hey muddy do you have the guys phone number? and what did you pay for your alt.? maybe ill get one from him if hell ship it

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7694
http://www.google.com/maps?gbv=2&hl=en&lr=&q=reman+alternators&near=Orlando,+FL& radius=0.0&latlng=28538056,-81379444,11012423204867111076&sa=X&oi=local&ct=resul t&cd=1

they don't have a website, but the Guy's name i talked to and bought from was Ernesto, slight spanish accent. he is a VERY nice guy, and can hook you up, I THINK. i am not sure if it is just dealer based.....

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7695
and Jaymes, i plan on getting a 12" :-)

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 470
YW buddy! Ill wear the hat 4 a while. ;)

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1499
i just gave them a call muddy but no one answered :-( maybe becasue they arent open on sat. or something i dont know ill call them later or if now on monday. how much did they charge for yours?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7764
they are a mon-fri company if i am not mistaked.

and i got mine "hook up price" for ~$400

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7765
i would like to know how much the damn thing retails for...Upload
the shop got it for like ~320-350. so i didn't pay much over cost, but they had to make SOME money off of it. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3154
this is not a joke, but what about a JL w6 lol!!??

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7825
no thanks. i don't like JL for many reasons that i am entitled to. for one, i don't like Mainstream, just not the quality i am looking for, don't care what anyone says. number 2, i am that guy who wants to have something different, and number 3, i like the Mag and not the W6. lol
number 4, the MAg scored higher in the 12" Challenge, now i know that may seem foolish to base my opinion off of a subjective review, but the people who did this, have listened to HUNDREDS of subs, and for them to talk about it that highly, must mean something. :-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7938
holy mother of god and baby jesus and the 3 wisemen and moses parting the red sea.....

i STILL haven't received my new Voltage Regulator, he must have the wrong address. i told him mine like 3 times and on the third time i think he got it. lol

the place is in Orlando FL, and i am in Ocala FL, about 90 miles away, and it has been 5 WHOLE business days since he "shipped" it. wtf manG....

i called today at 10 till 5 and he was not there, mudafuka leaving work early.
i guess i will have to call tomorrow, cuz my stuff cant go much longer, my battery light on the dash flashes on and off while my alt is overcharging the shitass out of everything...i haven't listened to my system since the 25th...

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7939
my bad.....

84 miles from doorstep to doorstep...googled that bitchass

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3106
i have a court date in orlando on the 17th lol

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1565
damn that sucks. right now i only have my components at low volumes and off at idle till i get a new damn alt. too

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7994
so i called the guy this morning...b/c i have yet to receive the regulator,and he said he had just gotten it and was going to ship it out to me, and that i would have to pay(he never mentioned that to me the last time i talked to him) so it ended up costing $70!!!!!! for a fuggin voltage regulator.....

and his wife did the transaction, taking my address(which Ernesto had wrong, he had my Zip Code as my address) and she said she would get back to me as soon as she took it to be shipped out(UPS Ground) and would get back to me with the Tracking Number...this was at 9:59 am....

what a PITA...

$400 for the alt.(have had nothing but problems)
$70 for a new voltage regulator(which wouldn't even be happening if he had shipped it with one that did normal voltage)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7995
update: just got off the phone with him. and he said that my Alt. is a 250a not a 220a:-) and that his wife( i guess she works with him) is shipping it out next day and i will get it tomorrow.

and that the new voltage regulator will not go over 14.9, and will do between 13.2-13.7 at idle....much better than 15.5 at idle. lololol

he also kept telling me how heavy heavy heavy duty the new one is. lol ok:-) haha

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1606
so your getting a whole new alt?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 8015
nope, new voltage regulator.:-)

and hopefully all this shitass will be solved...

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1538
wow this thread is still going....

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3656
Muddy,

what brand alt do you have?

does it have an external regulator?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 8035
USA Reman, beefyass alternator. just the Voltage was to high on the first regulator for my USA 4300x, then i fired the regulator by accidently switching the cables trying to jump start my dead car. lol

internal regulator.:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 8036
fried***

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1600
mag vs Q challenge

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192995

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 8052
VERY interesting read.

but like 99% of the other people in that thread that posted...i don't have a snail shell(horn/tl) enclosure, mine will be sealed. and he stated several times the Mag gets louder with less power, and my frontstage midbass is lacking a bit, so the Mag should do nicely.:-) also, the majority of what he listened to was rap, i hardly ever listen to rap anymore. After reading that, it makes me want the Mag even more(for my particular application), b/c i simply don't have the power the Q needs. i feel 900wRMS in a sealed box(least efficient) just isn't going to bring the sub alive, and you have seen what a Mag can do in 1 cube with only 250wRMs...:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 8053
still waiting....

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1609
on................... lol

Gold Member