Dynamat.... GOod brands... does it matter?

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 664
Ummm i never messed with sound deadening yet, but i was looking to buy a 100ft roll and notices it cost just as much as a 25ft roll of Dynamat brand deadening, it is some Sound Destroyer sound deadening that is all over ebay, has anyone used this stuff and used other brands as well... would you recomened this or a different brand... would it really be worth spending 800$ to sound proof as opposed to 200$....(soundproofing complete blazer with Dynamat 800~ and with sound destroyer maybe 300 tops..)

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1999
never heard of sound destroyer but dynamat exteme works really well. pricey though. i hear www.secondskinaudio.com is supposed to be the best. i just finished my trunk with edead v1 and i'm really happy with it. only .80 cents a sq. ft.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1284
http://cgi.ebay.com/60-FT-eDead-V1-Sound-Deadener-w-Free-Dynamat-Roller_W0QQitem Z190041818283QQihZ009QQcategoryZ67760QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

luckily i don't need any deadening :-) .. the only rattles i have are from the rear deck where speakers normally mount.. (will be fixed by a piece of MDF).. part of my rear bumper on the bottom ( few screws will fix) .. and well my rear glass that seems to have come partially unglued :-)

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 668
Im not neccisarly getting it to stop rattles (i stopped those already with my own inventions... lol a piece of tape here... a small piece of clothe there.. u kno lol im doing it in attempts to hold the SPL\Sound inside the truck, u can stand behind my rear hatch and feel the bass hitting at about 30% of what it feels like inside the ride.

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 669
so i think its wasted bass.....

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 670
But thats eD... i refuse to buy from them because of all the rumors i hear about them sending crappy amps out, bad service, and being shady and not giving people the orders they made, like less eDead then ordered (not sure but i seen 1 or 2 people on this forum mention that) and that whole "We lost your order" scam they pulled... i heard lots and lots of rumors... best to just stay away but the other stuff i have found Sound Destroyer is also thicker then the eDead..would that be better... not sure of what its made of tho.. didnt see that really

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7151
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

/thread...:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us