Need Help Confused ON wiring subs QVC's !!!!!!! need some Pros's

Bronze Member
Username: Suicidejack

Post Number: 30
im confused and need a visual in how to wire (2) QVC's to present a 4 ohm load on my amp, i just want to make sure im doing the right thing, i know putting one sub in series will present a 8 ohm load and if i present both 8ohm loads, thatll give 4 ohms to the amps right? KILLa helped me a lil but now im confused cuz this diagram looks parallel https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/277720.html
the professional installer in my town has never seen a QVC's so i think he jacked up the wiring. i sent for replacement amps twice i think he loaded both to a .25ohms to a soundstream picasso pca3500

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 661
it should be parralel if the subs are wired how they are in that picture, each sub is running at its 2ohm by itself, when they go paralel it goes to 4ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
on the diagram i dont get the line going straight through the sub circles, is that a negative terminal hooked to the positive, ive never seen that before, thats whats getting me confused.

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 277
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 278
hold up, you said 4ohm load.... i think that is a 20hm load

Silver Member

Post Number: 279
if you have adobe you can pull this up and it should help.

http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/2006/sbw/SPLX%20SUBWOOF.pdf

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
ya that manual didnt help since its for DVC's i got a multimeter, which should help lots, hate to jack up an expendsive amp and 2 of one of the finest speakers :} feel like a jack a55 not knowing this, just the damn QVC's makes me scratch my head of the combos, would of been cake if i hadnt told RE to go on and make them QVC, lol well your guys are the best ill tell you that, not enough people give you guys helping me out enough graditude, thank you so very much for your time.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3023
take 2 voice coils run + to +, - to -, do same for other 2 voice coils, then run the 2 sets of voice coils together + to +, - to -, this will create a 8 ohm load, do the same for the other sub, then wire the + of 1 sub to - of other, this will bring them back down to a 4 ohm load.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 680
im getting a 1ohm total load how that goes TY mayb im reading wrong

Gold Member

Post Number: 3024
those are quad 2, so if you wire a pair of voice coils series to get a 4 ohm load, then wire the other pair to get 4 ohm load, the wire the 2 pairs series to get an 8 ohm load, do the same for the other sub,(you should have 1 wire that would go out to the terminal per sub) wire those parale to get a 4 ohm load.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3025
your right, confused even myself, run + to -(series) vc1 run + to - on vc2, vc1 run - to + on vc2, vc2 run + to - on vc3, vc2 - to + on vc3, vc3 + to - vc4, vc3 - to vc4 +, then 1 wire to teminal comming off any voice coil(+, -) do the same for other sub, then take 2 wires and run + to +, - to - to get 4 ohm load, I would draw it but I do not know how to do that on the computer...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3540
think of it like this...wiring wise, you have the same thing at four DVC 2ohm subs.

Take this diagram and look at it like there is just 1 sub w/ 4 VC's.

Upload

Wire each subs like that, then wire the subs parrallel.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
some one was telling me that running 1250 watts per sub(12"re sx) would be ok for daily driving, so now i was considering a 2 ohm load. wanted to go on the safe side and run 900 watts but if hes right 2500 for both sounds better. damn went through all this trouble going all 4 ohm even 3 ohms is ok. someone on this thread named QCSfinest gave me the perfect diagram, i was already using KILLa's diagram, i thank you Kila, and everyone who chipped in to help an overly cautious person. THANKS!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us