QVC's wiring ohm diagram help!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Suicidejack

Post Number: 26
i have a sound stream picasso PCA3500D thats
RMS 1800WATTS x 1CH @ 4OHM
RMS 2500WATTS x 1CH @ 2OHM
RMS 3500WATTS x 1CH @ 1OHM
and i want to run 2 12" RE SX QVC's , but both are in the same enclosure but seperated( was gonna use seperate amps)im having a problem with speaker ohm's i want to run a 4 ohm load on the amp, and having trouble how to wire the speaker terminals to present a 2 ohm load x 2 to the amp.were can i get a wire diagram, REaudio site used to have the diagram on there old webpage, now i cant find it.I had a pro installer supposedly set it up but hes has never!!!! seen a QVC on a sub so i doubt he doesnt know what hes doing. I need serious help!!!!!!! the setup the pro installed ran for 15 min , after i left the shop, he blames me for tinkering with it, i got a new amp to see if was the problem, he installed it and tested first 10 min was ok, i drove off 5 min later i heard a crackle sound on the speaker or amp i dont know, what issue am i having?did a ruin my speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2933
quad what, what ohm I looked at their websit it shows those subs dual 2 ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
I had them set it up as QVC which is a quad 2 ohm voice coil sub its normal a dual 2 ohm. i wanted to know were i can get a wire diagram to wire it to 2 ohms, or 1.5 ohms

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2944
go to re website, or call re themselves to verify that it can be done 866-888-8655

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 620
Im a bit confused... I have aLOT of expierence with QVC subs...damn immortals.. lol but you are trying to get a 4ohm load total with both subs wired into the one amp correct? On each sub wire 2 of each voice coils Positive Positive, and Negative Negative. So you are in paralel and now that you still have 4 terminals left... connect the positive from one terminal to the free negative terminal... Now u have a 2 ohm sub :-) and wire that in series with the other sub (being wired the same way on the sub itself) and from one sub connect the positive to the negative on the other sub and connect the remaining + and - to the amp, verify with ohm meter to make sure you did it correct. But it should come out to 4ohms.

Hope this helps.... If you still cant figure it out i will draw you a diagram... it was a b!tch finding diagrams for QVC's before i understood how ohm loads worked and how to wire them without diagrams

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 621
Ehhhh i just made the diagram now to make it a lil easyier to read.... anyone correct me if im wrong... i have been awake for 35 hours now... but i believe its right, just double check with a multimeter to make sure the ohms are at right about 4ohms... give or take .1 .2ohmsUpload ...BTW its a sh!tty drawing..only to get the point across lol

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 622
Or u can just take each subs vc in series... vc1 - to vc 2 +, vc2 - to vc3 +, vc3 - to vc 4 + and you will have the VC1 + left free along with VC4 - connect them to the terminals inside the box... and connect the other sub same way... then run a cable from the negative from one sub to the positive of the other sub... and connect remaining cables to the amp... should b 4ohms... easyiest way to... the other way is better i think tho just incase would want to run it at 1ohm... you wont need to open the box and redo your wiring.. only on the outside of the box... just run it in paralel instead of series for the 1ohm.. but remember... Always check your Ohms with a multimeter...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
omg thanks so much all i needed was a visual, i just wanted to know if these so called pros installed my system right, since they have no first hand experience on QVC, and yes they do have 4 voice coils, and 4 positive negative terminals.worst case ill sell them on ebay and get me a pair or dvc,s lol, you are the best killa and thx so much , been looking everywere for a diagram and its been 4 days and cant find one, just people explaining,im too visual to actually get what nice people say in how to connect what to were. thx again and go get some sleep, lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us