176.6 with 1 x dd9918, db drag

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 129
went to the db drag world finals, there is a guy there (alan dante) that hit 176.6 with 1 x dd9918. JUST ONE. digital designs kick azz.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 546
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love to hear that. DD =). How much power was he giving it btw?

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 510
wow that is insane, one sub hitting 176.6.... that is crazy, hard to believe actually, not sayin ur lying lol, but i wanna see that setup, got any pics??? i would alos like to know how much he was givin it, had to be like crazy power

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6859
yeha that is nasty:-) I wouldnt be suprised to see them using 8000-10000 watts to get those kind of numbers.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7131
me either...

remember the setups on CN Sounds.com james??

crazyness:-):-):-):-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
he was using 2 x dd Z2, they run 6000 rms each. the trick to it though was the way he had the inside of the car designed. 4 in. plexiglass, and doors that bolt down. his class was extreme 1, it's on the db drag web site, just look for alan dante.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
there was another guy there that had 3 x 9910's and hit 165 and change. they both won thier class of course.

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
yeah 176.6 is insane for one sub. the world record is 180 by pioneer, but they have a million dollar budget, a full size truck of amps and batteries (44 amps) and a wall of subs to get it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
alan says he think that he will be able to hit 180 db next year with a different set up and 2 x dd9918's with four Z2's

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2687
ill b hitting that with my 1 dd 9512 lol jk

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1662
Ya but I bet the Pioneer vehicle can play music, lol. Polo. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 1196
"yeah 176.6 is insane for one sub. the world record is 180 by pioneer, but they have a million dollar budget, a full size truck of amps and batteries (44 amps) and a wall of subs to get it."

Incorrect.. he was running 52 Premier PRSD5000SPL amps on 13 Premier TSW5000SPL subs.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9394
while its all well/good about those high nos u gotta remember thats just plain noise & i bet if they play actual music it will sound kinda crappy ......

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1666
Ya thats what I meant but the 13 subs is probably tuned MUCH lower (or in a sealed enclosure) than the single DD hence the need for the extra surface area. This being said they are probably still able to play music. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3634
lol, man ecoustics is slow...
but yeah, Alan Dante is the man.. and if u search my thread i brought his name up quite a few times!!

he always have his system fails at finals or dq from rules, but this year he is kick a$s, allways has nice numbers... but he did a 77.5 just qualifying!!! ohh and thats in a volvo I belive! 1 DD 18!

and like I said many times b4 scott owens AINT sh!t and were are coming for him next yr! if our money is right!! :-) we got a design for that a$s

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3636
bump damnit!

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
"yeah 176.6 is insane for one sub. the world record is 180 by pioneer, but they have a million dollar budget, a full size truck of amps and batteries (44 amps) and a wall of subs to get it."

Incorrect.. he was running 52 Premier PRSD5000SPL amps on 13 Premier TSW5000SPL subs.

you are probably right, when i spoke with one of the pioneer guys, he said they were runnin 44 amps , that was on sunday. they probably took some out for the death match. either way. hats off to them all, and dd kicks azz.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 385
When the volvo burped.....you would never know it was on if it werent for the numbers on the screen.

Good stuff.

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
yeah, because he has it sealed up tighter than a nuns azz.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
steel cables and concrete.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 389
Well,... no sh!t Cpt Obvious.

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 587