Right sub?

Username: Kai2780

Post Number: 2
I am looking for 2 12" subs with excellent sq that are able to use the full potential of a 2400wx1 @1ohm mono, 1200Wx1 @2ohm mono, capable audiobahn a2300 amp.

Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1833
how much money do you want to spend?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3009
I think that amp is rated at 17 volts so it is not seeing the rated power, I would look for 600-800w rated rms subs.

Post Number: 3
$500-$800 on each sub but, that does not mean I would not like a great deal for less. I have not looked on the amp but the manual does state the amp provides 2400wx1 @ 1ohm @ 12.5v.

Post Number: 5
bump

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7140
question...what kind of SQ do you think you are going to get even if the amp does 2400wRMS????

for a pure SQ sub....used to fill in the bottom octave for music, with no "extra" bass...depending on the power of your frontstage, you are looking at 1 sub with roughly 300-500wRMS. done...

no SQ setup has 2400wRMS running to 2 subs....

Post Number: 6
thanks for the correction muddy.
you are right and after a lot of searching on this forum and the net I think I found the right speakers for me. i am a novice; as you can tell already so, bear with me. to make matters worse i live on an island so my ability to listen to different sql and spl setups at stores and competitions is very limited. i have been reading alot of information since finding this forum to raise my level of understanding. i may be changing my amp and i have decided to use 2 12" adire brahmas. thanks for the replies.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 319
LOL, Muddy is right about the 2400W running to 2 subs:-)

Post Number: 7
hey Muddy, if i stepped down to 10" do you think one will still be sufficient or should i go with two? same question for 8". i will be selling my amp and searching for a better quality and more suitable amp.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7174
Do me a favor, and don't get the Brahma's.....they were nice when the Mk. I and II were out, the Mk. III had NOTHING but problems(very high failure rate and people waited forever to egt recones), and Adire has horrible customer service, ask anyone on any forum. the Mk. IV is supposed to be "better" but we have yet to find out.

you would do fine with one 12" ported or sealed...for your preference of course...pure SQ, sealed...more output with not so flat freq. response...ported.:-)

check out....

Soundsplinter RL-p

Fi Audio Q

Stereo Integrity BM or Mag(cost more, but more output as well)

Crystal Mobile Sound Comp

JL Audio W6

Arc Audio Flatline

Ascendant Audio Assassin or Arsenal(same with Stereo Integ, but on a lesser scale. lol)

Digital Designs 1000a or 2500a(again)

Image Dynamics ID or IDQ(the latter is more SQ oriented)

MMATS Dreadnautt

OZ Audio Matrix Elite

Resonant Engineering SR and SE(latter is louder)

TC Sounds 1k and 2k

Treo Engineering SSi

GOOD LIST!!!!! lol:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7216
bump for a good list!!! :-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6939
yup good job:-) pat on the back for you:-) ohh I better be carefull someone might think I am kissing yourass!

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7220
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1299
james you should be honord muddy lets you kiss his a s s after all hes got 7220 posts!!!!!!

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6942
lolol I know thats what I am saying:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7222
this is starting to make baby jesus cry......

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6945
lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
thanks for the list of suggestions Muddy. i actually looked at and chose the si mag d2 but, began second guessing it. i also considered the rl-p, fi-q, idq, and ssi. then i came across the brahma but i'll take your advice n leave them alone. looks like i was on the right track according to your list but did not realize there were so many other choices for sq.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7234
yeah...according to the 12" Challenge...on Carauio.com, ROE.com, Soundsolutionsaudio.com, trhe MAg is one of the if not the best SQ/SQL subs on the market. they placed it second next to the Aura Sound MR, which is a 7-800 sub....so it is pretty top-notch when it comes to SQ, i have also read a lot of reviews that states it isnt "laid back" like most SQ subs, and that it has very good excursion with minimal watts...throw 800-1000wRMS on it in a sealed box...and you have a killer setup imo:-)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9526
lovin the list

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7240
do you really??? thanks Chauncey:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
thanks again Muddy. looks like i'll be going back to my first choice the mag. i am glad i started researching quality subs and came across this forum and it's helpful, experienced, and knowledgeable members. looks the thieves that took my flame compression subs did me a favor. stolen while being broken in in my ragga car.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6961
well everything happens for a reason I guess right:-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7261
your welcome Kai, if there is anything else you need help with man, don't hesitate!:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us