Underpowering by Alot

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1220
I was lookin at the competition vehicles and i came across a 1987 CRX that has a 18" Solo X powered by a kicker KX 1200.1. would that even get loud? here is the site http://www.excessiveamperage.com/comps.htm

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 301
it would rip you apart...

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1221
idk bout that cause its rated for 5000 watts rms...so its gettin like a third of the power.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1995
it hit 146.7 at one of the comps i went to...
yes same exact vehicle as pictured
the guy is kinda dick tho

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1222
y would u get that sub and give it that little of power....

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2134
the 5k rms its only the 18 2.5k rms its the 12 and 10 inch when it is an ported box u dont beilve me download the specs sheet fromkicker, even a re audio sx will hit louder in a crx box in a crx with 1000 rms i seen it. the crx are the easiest cars to get loud that why people called the crx box to the box that its subs up and ports back makes alot of pressure.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1224
o...lil rob would a AP15D get louder than an SI Mag....how much of a price difference is there?

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 602
Atomic subs are more leaned toward SPL though.I think you should stick with the Mag in my opinion.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2135
they will get pretty much the same but mag have much more sq but also more expensive.depens wat like and budget u have 500 and like more sq than spl go with the mag if u have like300 go wit the apocalypsis ull be fine they have good sq as well

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 574
Maybe there running the Kicker KX1200.1 at a .5ohm for burps

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1225
i like spl way more so the Atomic AP15D is only $300 bucks....which would be better with an ed nine.1 the ap15d or the apx15

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9387
i been talking 2 the local Atomic dealer in my country & know a 15" apx is comfortable with 2500wrms & can handle even 1000 more if u know what u doing

ELE is rated 2 handle 1500 tho so im sure a AP would be better 4 ur amp .....

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2136
haha rovin are u serious man??? the apx will take 10k rms daily man without any problem.

jayme both will be good he px will be slighty louder because both of those woofers are very i mean very efficient. but the apx will be more probably aorund 400 or more if u only planning to push 1.2 k rms all the apocalypsis life stay with the apocalypsis if u are plannign to push 1.2k but ull been pushing more in the future maybe another ed nine definetly get the apocalypsis rated x or apx both of them will get very loud i seen the regual apocalypsis break 145 on the 15 model with only 1500 rms in a good install so chose wich one its best for you also the regular acpocalypsis will have better qs than the apx

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2137
yup yup apx can take 10k rms all day no joke

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7101
Upload

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1231
well ill prolly just go with the ap15d then and then ill save a good 150-200 bucks..yay..lol

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1999
i agree muddy

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2139
ok jayme watever u said man. cuz if u want u can take the apx a nine and get an extra nine in the future but it will cost more of corse but yeah the regular apocalypsis will be fine

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1232
well if i got the apx what is an amp that would power it good for like around 400 bucks?

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1233
do u think this would put out enough power..http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16494

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 607
What are you gonna do about your charging system?I don't think that amp is very efficient :-(

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3006
that solo x is a 10000w sub with 5000rms, and I have a hard time believing the 1200.1 made it move very much. and that lanzar, i personally think it is junk, but others swear by them on this forum,

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1234
aight...thanx for ur input

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2140
lanzar its crap but wait not the optidrive series from lanzar those amps are really worth the money if u can get them ull behappy remember the silver ones with the logo opti in them

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1235
ya i saw some of those.....how much power does the apx need?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7110
yes, but if you are going to spend any decent amount of money on an amp....would YOU get lanzar??? :-)

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2142
u can get a hifonics bxi2006 its like 380 shipped it wil push around 1800 rms

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1237
would that be good enough for the apx? or should i just go with the ap and the ed nine.1?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3010
stll need power and a charging system, that sub comes in dual 1 and use 2 amps, 1 per coil. and redo the charging system....

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1238
aight i will look into that

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1239
i dont think ill have the money or the room to run a two amp setup so ill prolly just go with the ed nine.1 and the ap15d if that amp isnt too much power for the ap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us