Whats good 12s

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 115
what are good 12s for 800 dollars and no more than that.. i need two but i dont know whats good and i only have 1700 watt class d kenwood amp for now but i can upgrade the amp later so tell me some good 12s that get pretty loud

Bronze Member
Username: Rickross

Post Number: 24
1000 watt pyles or pyramids

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1975
whats the rms of the amp? if it's the one i think it might be isn't it only around 800wrms at 20hm?

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 484
sell your amp if CT Mike is right, because with 800 dollars you can buy some really nice subs, but they will require more power. To me, I would get Two Fi Q's or two AQ sd2.5's, or look into DD if you want to. But I would say stay below 2000rms unless you have the money to upgrade batteries, alternator, and bigger wires. Thats something people overlook. They want to go big, but they have to consider charging system upgrades. I fell victim to that, but oh well =).

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 118
alrite but i dont know who is gonna bye the amp its brand new or maybe i should just bring it back and get the money for it... yea i was thinking of 2 re sx b4 arent those good but where can i find those subs at bernymac give some sites plz

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1980
http://www.audioque.com/aq/index.htm for the sd2.5's

www.ficaraudio.com for the q's

and return the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9374
he means this site https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=15450b062362000/shopdata/product_overview.shopscript

& http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/default.asp ......

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 507
You should pass up on the RE's, thats if your talking about the new ones? Go with Fi since the guy who use to design and make RE subs makes Fi subs now, so its like buying a RE sub but its called Fi, somewhat. So yeah, check those sites above. And yeah return that amp if you bought it local or online or w/e. And if you didn't buy online, start buying online, great deals online imo =).

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 119
yeah the fiq are only 260 dolars thats not bad at all i might think about getting 2 of them but what kind of amp will i need and how loud will it get?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9376
amp budget ?

& dont say a low budget amp 4 such nice subs - maybe a good kicker or Rf amp .....

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 511
Those things take 1000rms each. and if you want full potential out of them, that means 2000rms. You might have problems with your charging system, meaning you will need a HO alt. Why don't you just go with 1 fiQ, get a amp in the 1000rms range, like rovin said, kicker or RF. And if your not satisfied, just get another sub and amp. Or why not go with 2 ssd's and a 1500rms amp if you want two subwoofers. Plan ahead. Next thing you know, like I said before, you might need another batt or so forth. But thats just my opinion. Do as you wish, =). Hope you "do" buy something and well be looking forward to your review and so forth. So like Rovin said, whats your amp budget?

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 512
OH yeah, with the right amp and right box, it will get plenty loud. You will be satisfied.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 125
amp budget i can go 450 but yea i only have a kenwood 1700 watt and pushin maybe 500 watts and my lights dim i have a 1997 grand prix... so i think if i get some nice subs and nice amp it will prolly fri my alt.. what do u think? what are ssd subs how loud will one fi, q get?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us