Box is done, pictures

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 478
Yes I know my box looks crappy, but hey! Its my first time building one, and it was a pain in the as.s, Actually the box has been done for a couple of days now, was just lazy to take pictures. Enjoy.
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 650
wow~! thats a big aZZ box...what is going in it, and what is it going in?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1229
lotta glue... whats the specs?

Gold Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 1191
sand down the excess glue >:P

nice box, though :-)

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 480
Specs:
tuned to 40hz
44Lenght, 40depth, 20height.
Its for two AudioQue hd315's

Its going in a 99 GMC Yukon.

Actually yeah its kind of a lot of glue, I had to play it safe. And I plan on sanding it down, but I dont want to buy those sanding machines so I might have a friend bring down his rotary sander.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 481
bump.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6816
you can get a palm sander for cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7066
that box looks good...just a lot of glue, good job man:-)

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 496
Thanks :D. I know its a lot of glue. When I was building it, my hands got real dirty. And when I was applying the glue, it would get on my hands, soon it spread'd and the dirt that was on my hand was trapped in by the glue on top =\. Gorilla GLUE!!! Not done yet. I need to put the 4x6 under the box, I need to lift the box up so I can put my amps under. Give me a awhile, I'll have that up soon.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3858
i like it. next time, dont use so many screws. they should be spaced like 3-4" from eachother :-) :-) thas one big port

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 498
I knew someone was going to say something about my screws :P. Yeah, I know, I hope the subs doesn't break the box haha, but if that happens, I'll rebuild the box over. I have some new thoughts in mind. And yeah that port is pretty big. I can't wait to take it to some local comps, I want to make people wonder what I'm running.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3861
how much bracing you got? with all the screws next to the sub cut-out and stuff

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 544
Awesome man! Carpet it 4 sure. Any reason for the double layer on the front? J/W.Upload

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 500
The screws around the sub woofer cutout is there for the double baffle, I glued it, and to keep it in place or tighten it, I screwed, screws in. And the reason for the double baffle for the "top", the front is the port btw. Is to stiffen the box. Plus DJ recommended that I do a double baffle so I did to be safe.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3864
cause the subs are heavy weights, and one sheet isnt gonna hold them well enough. so he double baffled it

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9370
thats gotta be a heavy azz box man & i bet its gonna be pure spl coming out of it ........

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 502
HAHAHA you don't even KNOW. Well maybe you do, its so hard to do anything with it now because its so heavy. Its been in that same position for like 2 days now. To tell you the truth, my back hurts.

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 546
Makes sense...Upload

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3866
what kind of bracing you got? and where?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

WASSUPUSA

Post Number: 6273
damn man that is a bigazz port. it looks loud as hell. i bet you are gonna puke when the bass hits you from that box.

GOOD JOB ON AN AWESOME BOX!!!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9372
ur back -lol
wait til u add the subs then u gonna get a hernia - lol

even when i had my type Rs (each sub is 20pds) in this box it was quite heavy 4 me alone 2 lift up.......Upload

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 505
bassman3: bracing is going to be in 3 locations, one in the middle (up,down, to the back) on the left side below the sub/hole (up, down, side of the box) and vice versa for the other side. I'm using this T design brace. Top of the T is up and down, and the long part of the T is for the back piece, and side pieces. Hope that makes sense.

Chad: Thanks =).

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 506
nice box Rovin, looks cleaner than mines hahaha.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

WASSUPUSA

Post Number: 6274
rovin is mr clean when it comes to installs. i bet his stuff sounds as good as it looks.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9375
yeh but i recently sold my Rs so its just sitting here - used 2 throw out an immense travelling bassline tho

here is a good tip 4 u - invest in a good belt sander & it will clean up all those uneven edges in no time , also fill those screw heads with some sort of filler so when u carpet it u wont see any dimples or like lil sinks on the carpet's surface ...

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 509
Thanks for the advice, I will use them for sure. Plus, I was thinking about painting my box instead. I was going to take it to a place that does bedlining for trucks? If you know what I'm talking about. And have them mix white into it, so it can turn out grey so it can match my car. But I will have to see.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 577
Rhino-liner.That stuff is gonna make your box so much heavier.Make sure to take your subs out before you get that done lol.

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 516
There you go, yeah thats what I'm talking about. And of course im going to take my subs out haha.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 582
Imagine if you didn't take them out though lol.Maybe you would get an increase in DB!!!Probably not though lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us