Il Us

Post Number: 235
ok heres b4 and after pics of my box!!!Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 479
Nicely done indeed. does the box feel sturdy with that wood. Forgot what its called but yeah, nice.

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 649
I HOPE that isnt just plain old plywood

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

Il Us

Post Number: 236
well.... yeah it is. its completly braced and really solid. ive had it in that box for 2 weeks and it doesnt flex or show any sign of weakness.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1104
Box flexing shouldnt be an eye noticing thing. :-( Its an ear noticing thing. :-)

If you see (with your own eyes a box flexing) then you have a real stupid problem for sure.

Bracing is used to stiffen the enclosure(or better yet, reduce hollow sound, AKA boxy sound from your enclosure).

One good way to test a box to see if you have a decent enclosure is to knock on it with your knuckles. A poor enclosure would have a low pitched long duration hollow sound, where a good enclosure would have a higher pitched shorter sound. I would say that if box sounds as if you knocked on your kitchen table as compared to the sound you would get from knocking on a 3" thick piece of brazillian cherry hardwood floor plank, then you have a poor designed box.

BTW I doubt that there is such a thing as 3" thick brazillian cherry hardwood planks, but I am just trying to stress out the difference in sound.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1106
Or just knock on the edges of the box, and then knock in the middle of one of the sides. If the sound is much different, then you have a poor built box. Poor as in, it will sound boxy.

Basically you want to hear only the speaker, and definetly nothing else. No rattling, vibrating, port noise, no boom (AKA overhang), nothing ...

Just bass. Clean and pure.

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1538
yea what those guys said

but it looks great
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help