Sorry noob question.

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 192
I have 2 12w6v2's. I am wanting to get a new amp, so I can have different options if I decide to change subs. I am thinking about getting a rockford t20001bd which is 2000 watts.. Would it be ok to run the jl's with this amp since they are only about 400 rms. I just want an amp big enough to power a couple of bigger subs if I feel like a lot of spl opposed to sq.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1123
no, i wouldnt give more then double there rms, they are supposed to be very efficant subs so i would just find a 1200rms amp and stick with that 600rms each should be fine.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 341
well what are the specs of each????

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
Would turning the gain way down keep the subs from getting power?

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 321
if your subs are dual 4 ohm then you can run it at a 4 ohm load. the amp is rated 750 rms @ 4 ohm but its underrated so it will be a nice match. so if you decide to change subs and go with more power at a 2 ohm or 1 ohm load this would be a very good amp

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 342
yeah but that amp is also underrated so it prolly is doin near 2400-2500 or so at 1ohm i would imagine. what vc are your subs and whats the amp put out at 2ohms and 4ohms???

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1125
better idea how about getting an amp that does 1200 for this set and then buying another one and using both for a new set up

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1126
better idea how about getting an amp that does 1200 for this set and then buying another one and using both for a new set up

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
They are dvc 4ohm so I could just wire them to 4ohm and put 750 to 800 on them.. that would be perfect. When I get the 2 fi q's just run it to 1ohm.. yeah, this will work out good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
damn mat I was settled then you bring this up... lol j/k I Could do that also, but I think one amp would be cheaper then two.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 345
yeah see this way you get good power for the setup now and later all for one great price and no hassle.

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
Thanks alot for your help guys. I love this forum.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us