Question on placement of subs

Username: Hacko

Post Number: 5
I have a 91 ford regular cab. Now i'm gonna put in two 8" subs, should i put the sub together and put them in the middle or the sides? Or could i put them seperate and in the corners ? What whould sound the best. Ohh and should i go with a sealed or ported box ??

Gold Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 1094
Placement in your truck will depend on the acoustics.. but most likely won't make a difference if they're sitting next to each other, or seperate or whatever.. the only thing you shouldn't do is face them directly at each other.

Sealed will be loud in your truck, but ported will be louder. Sealed has tighter, more accurate bass (mostly meant to retain sound quality) and will require a tad more power to push the subs than ported.. and ported will be louder, and less defined.

Post Number: 6
hmm how much more power to push a sealed sub ??

Gold Member

MN United States

Post Number: 1097
It depends on how small/large the box is, what sub you have, and a few other factors.

I wouldn't worry about it, what I would worry about is the type of bass you want. Are you going to want to have annoyingly loud, swooshy bass, or do you want nice tight punchy bass?

Post Number: 7
well i listen mostly to rock IE Led zepplin pink floyd ac dc etc. So i'm guessing a tight bass that will fill in the gaps.

The subs are hertz es 200

Gold Member

MN United States

Post Number: 1100
I wouldn't port the subs if you listen to rock, it wouldn't sound right, or at least it wouldn't to me.

I'd build a box with two seperate sealed chambers. I'd also stick to a smaller box, but stay within the specs for your subs.

Click here for the specs, if you don't already have them:

http://www.audison.de/hertz/energy/es200.html

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 289
I think you should place the subs in the cab:-)

Post Number: 8
lol that's what i'm gonna do behind the seat. Gonna put them in the corners. So i wanna go with a small box, but with enough room to alow them to move ? How deep should i have the box ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us