144.2 at comp this weekend

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1448
Ive been gone for a few weeks, my comptuers has been broken, but now im back...

Before i tell you all about the comp, the first thing i have to say is.....HOLY FU**KING SH*IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to the Memphis mojos. They had 2 guys there from Memphis both with 1 mojo 12 and 1 1100rms memphis amp. They both hit soooo loud. I dont know the xmax on them, but one of the guys when they played the sub, it looked like jelly. The sub looked like it had like 50mm of xmax. I couldnt believe it. Those mojos pushed sooo much air too!! Also, best sq i have heard so far out of any sub. It blew away my treo ssi in sq, and the louder it got, it didnt loose any sq.

I got 144.2 dB, and got 1st. I had my re sx 15 in a 3cu @ 35hz, running off of 1500rms.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1122
not bad.. i don't believe the mojos beat a treo ssi in SQ though lol.. were you running outlaw by chance? do you have a car with the setup in the trunk? just wondering cuz i run with my drivers door open and trunk open..

with the trunk open i gain 2 dB so it might be worth a shot for you depending on the circumstances.. i went to a comp sunday.. only did 1 run cuz thats all it took.. burped 145.3 @ 42hz. what note did you use?!

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 319
x2 for Mojo not beating Treo in SQ.

The Treo must not be boxed right. Or the Mojo REALLY is. Tho i find it hard to believe....as a single mojo doing big numbers surely isnt tuned for SQ.

The Mojos get hella loud, but are notorious for sounding like a%% while doing so.

We install them often, and have even run them as comp subs up until recently.

Hard as hell to blow, VERY dependable, very loud.

Good subs........both of them for that matter.

We carry both lines.....for that exact reason.

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 362
Can you get the Mojos cheap Renegades?

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 363
Also where was the comp at steven?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3474
The work record holder in USACi SB3 uses 3 memphis 15's and 4 Kole audio 3000d's....lol

I see him at comps all the time...Paul Romano, nice guy. He posts as memphisman on the USACi forum.

154.x's on music w/ 30sec average...those subs and take a hell of a beating for 30secs.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3476
edit:

"The worLD record holder in USACi SB3 uses 2 memphis 15's and 4 Kole audio 3000d's....lol"

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1459
a good tip for slot ported boxes, is rounding out all the edges...you can gain around .5 db just from doing that!!!!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3480
another tip....duct-tape is your friend.

Duct-tape helped me gain .6dB :-)

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

Il Us

Post Number: 225
marshall, how did duct tape help? did u put it in the port?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3482
yep round off the edges of the port and put duct-tape on the port.

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1170
.. pics! lol .. now where did you put the duct tape? along the whole surface of the port? i don't see it helping me any seeing the box has a layed of glass resin but i'd try anything cheap to gain .6dB lol

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

WASSUPUSA

Post Number: 6207
nice score steven. good job.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3483
I do long pieces of tape that go from all the way inside the port (wrapping around to the inner wall of the box) and about 3" outside of the port.

The all the walls of the port are taped. The great thing about duct-tape is, you can just pull it back off if you dont gain. But you have to retape at each show.

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1171
sounds like something i might have to try.. of course i still need to design a new box but i might end up hooking up my other amp before i build a new box.. too curious to know what i'd be putting up for numbers with the extra 600-700rms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us