Boxes

Username: Mimafia187

Post Number: 8
ok i have to 12" kenwood excelon db+'s and my friend had maid some homemaid bandpass boxes and after i installed the stuff it just didnt sound like its hitting like it should so im thinking its the boxes thats making it not sound so good so should i just go to a sealed box? or ported box?

Bronze Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 88
Well it could be the box is to big or to small. But i would say that it is the AMP. Do you have the power turned down. Also if you have a crossover one of the setting could be messed up. Check your settings on everything. Something needs to be adjusted.

JasonX
Unregistered guest
It may be the subs. I have never heard any Kenwood subs sound the way you would think they would.

Post Number: 9
well the boxes are kinda big thats kinda what im thinking the way they are made is like prolly about ten inches sealed on the top of the subwoofer and then on the bottom like 2 feet with a 3inch by 18 inch port, i just cant help to think its the box
image/bmpdiagram
untitled.bmp (26.3 k)

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 91
With that sized port and 2 feet that is way to big of a box. Way to big, You should but two subs in each box and hack down the port.

Post Number: 10
well i was looking at some other diagrams and i dont know how right they are but they show the subwoofers face facing the end that the port is on for maid boxes? how true is that

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
becuase the way they are the face of the sub is inclosed completly

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 92
I think i get what your saying. But for the best results the port should be on the same side as the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us