OT--Radar Detector

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 301
OK well I am thinking about getting a radar detector...I really dont want to spend a lot of money but still do want a good one. I have been looking at the cobra 9730, 9830, and the 9930....does anyone have any experience with any of them and what did you think of it...just looking for opinions here.

Silver Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 122
ive got aa whistler really good i got it off ebay. whistler and beltronics are really good brands check out this site http://www.radarbusters.com/

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 274
ive been looking at gettting a radar detector as well. but its illegal in my state (VA) and i was wondering if there was some place in my car where i could place it so a cop couldnt see it or do they have something that can detect them from their car and pull me over? or do they just pull you over if they see one?
thanks
and sorry for the question in ur thread steinkeastg. didnt mean to steal it

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2065
can some one really explin wat a radar detectors do??? do the y only detect speed sensors on the high way ???? or do they detect near by cops aorund the block??? like polica cars ????

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
radar detectors detect the band of radar the cops use to get your speed. some of the higher brand radar detectors to detect near by cop cars by using a VG2 alert. this is a signal cops use to detect radar detectors but the VG2 alert turns the radar into invisible mode so the p[olice dont know theirs a radar detctor in the area. anyways thats pretty much there is all to it. also yanks fan i just drove through virginia last week i went to raleigh and i live in new york. anyways i must have lucked out because i got pulled over in West Virginia and they were pacing me so my detector didnt go off but i didnt get a ticket and he didnt say anything about my detector

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 275
d@mn cause ive almost been caught going 20+ over the speed limit many a time and ive lucked out on not being pulled over so far. guess i wont be getting one. thanks for the info tho.

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
you could probably use one i wouldnt get anything to expensive in case they take it away you could look into a jammer the cops cant see it and it jams their radar.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1327
im still kind of lost. so they just alert you when there is a cop nearby so you can slow down?

Bronze Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 55
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/radar-detector1.htm

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1864
wow im so shocked this many people didnt know the actual way one works, lol i dont really know much bout em either but they are illegal in my state too, i want one cuz speed limit is way too slow on tha straight awayz....

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1332
i hate science :-(

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1219
the good ones will go off from automatic doors, its the same signal as speed guns

Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 273
don't you guys think they should increase the speed limit to 65?.. cuz i'm in NY and the limit is only 55.
P.S. the other day i had to go to friends funeral and i was running late cuz i had a big test which i couldn't afford to miss and i did 105 on I-495 without getting caught.. and got there on time. :-)

but i know 105mph is stupid.

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
yeai live in new york to but by lake eire the speed limit is 55 here 65 on the I-90. you should have seen how bad the speed was when the bucky hunt was going on. the I-90 was like the audobahn since there were no cops out. they even just placed patrol cars on there with no one in it to try to make peopel slow down ebcause there was no one to enforce the speed limit since they were all out in the woods searching for him

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3478
2-lanes around here are 55mph....4-lanes 65mph....interstates 70mph.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1644
I use one by smoky mountain radar, very good unit. Funny thing is that just because a cop is sitting there doesn't mean he is clocking you. I was doing all of 86mph and the cop was hidden real well, I have been a truck driver/contractor for a long time and he almost got past me but the by the time I saw him he had me for around 20 sec, lol. You have to remember, if they want you they have you, plain and simple. On a clear day thay'll pick you out of a straight shot more than 1/2 mile+, that is no BS, I ask everytime I get stopped. You have to remember your best defence is somoene elses inability to do the speed limit, in simple terms, there is always someone out there that is faster, LET THEM!!! A guinea pig is welcome in front of me anytime. Due to instant on and pulsed, a detecter is useless unless you have someone in front and the cop tried to clock them, FACT... Oh by the way, around here the cops use the VG2 to mess with you, they will hit the button so the VG2 detector detector goes off. Yes I didn't studder, they have radar dectors that detect the VG detectors, lol. I have more of a use for a detector that detects fine clean PSSY than VG2, but then again, a finger does wonders, LMFAO... :-O

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1645
WTF BUMP THIS B!!TCH
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us