OT: New Cars

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1190
Im gettin a new car next year and i was just lookin around and i was wonderin if the hyundai tiburon was any good?

Bronze Member
Username: Rvlacos

El Paso, T.X. United States

Post Number: 90
i know a guy that has alot of truble with his, and this is his second hyundai he swore he wouldnt get another after the first but he heard the tiburon was a fast car so he got it and has alot of trouble, maybe cus he bought it used with alot of miles on it i dunno-

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 281
Get the Z.

Nuff said.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1191
the new car would be for my graduation present and would prolly have to be around $15,000 and be new so it limits my choice quite a bit.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9404
american only....

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1192
i want a tuner or sumthin of that sort preferably hatchback...i want to get a vw rabbit but they dont make any performance parts for it..and i want to get a good after market exhaust from like tanabe, dc, injen, or greddy and brands like that.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 606
yep Z all the way :D

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9405
again amercian only

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1193
i would get a Z but its not even close to be in my price range and no way i could afford insurance for it

Bronze Member
Username: Rvlacos

El Paso, T.X. United States

Post Number: 96
^^ i agree go american

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1194
i dont like any cars that like dodge, chevy, or ford make...it sucks

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 289
Go american? What car would that be? All domestics are 75% ROTW parts.

Mazda partially owned by Ford.

Chevy partially owns Subaru Isuzu.

Dodge is German.

All use parts from their counterparts and well beyond.

China has been buying steall out the yin yang for years and stamping out parts and selling them back to the US. This is nothing new.

Two imports not made here.....S2000 and the NSX. Which "amrican" car were you referring to.

Since were on the subject...Which "american brand" is known for making 300K cars...none.

Which family member working at Subaru, Toyota, Isuzu, Honda, Mazda do you intend to put on the welfare line?

Seriously.... which car. Do tell?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9408
how do they sux???

and i need a really good reason...if not i will never respect u again...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6844
they break down all the time for one...espcially Fords.....lol

they are always in the shops around here...never see a civic or corolla in there.

the only thing Americans can't f*ck up is the V8, but who can afford one of those, not everybody...

i hope you still have respect for me Chauncey:-(

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1195
muddy is ur car just the regular lancer?

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 293
Suck?

Dollar per HP. They suck....all day.

Reliability for the dollar.....all day.

Fuel ecomomy for the dollar .....all day.

Options to the dollar....all day.

Buy now your thinking of one that is really built by a company they own 49% of. Stop right there.

Sorry!

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1196
if i got the lancer es do u think a 15" SI Mag D2 would fit in a ported box?

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6852
yup....but you wol dhave a time fitting the box in there....:-)

i can't go any larger than a 12" b/c of mounting my amp on top of thebox. and i dont want to completely block off the trunk opening from the cabin....

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9414
http://www.j designs.info/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=840

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 295
Whoa...holy broken link batman!

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6854
that is just a bunch of potheads arguing about cars. :-) truth hurts...but those guys know it...Julio doesn't count either jajajajaja

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9294
get urself 1 of these - its tough & stylish @ the same time .....lol
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 250
get a civic, they are one of the best cars you can buy, and would be about perfect for you
1) look pretty nice with just a few mods
2)tons of aftermarket parts
3) great gas milage
4) they go forever... 200,000+ miles
5) relatively cheap. just at your price range

Bronze Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 23
If u go american, i think the Cobalt looks nice..maybe the pontiac G5 and if you go jap..the Scion TC is really nice. But if my parents were gonna get me a car and i had $15,000 to choose i'de go with a newer Fbody...mainly a Trans Am..or a used Pontiac Gran prix GTP. But you stated you wanted a tuner...I'de definatly go with the Scion Tc. Just my opinion.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 299
Hey now. I dont smoke. Make too much to sacrafice it for the munchies.

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 251
i do have a beretta but id get a civic if i could afford one, but when i was looking ...the only ones i could afford were late 1980's, ...resale on hondas is awesome by the way...my sister has a 1998 accord (140,000 miles), she also has a '05 civic EX (46,000 miles) and my parents have a 05 civic as well (30,000) miles, none of us have had a single problem..

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 498
Lol,MuDDy think about how fukked up the American V8 already is lol.So inefficient, horrible MPG...not to mention the push rods that exist in V8's bend so fast it's not even funny.A fully modded V8 is a beast for sure but any stock V8 is usually not very good.I still like American cars and the new ones aren't all that bad but I would rather go with an import.Oh,and like renegade said most of the "American" cars have imported pieces to put them together.I remember working on my friends Ford Probe(1993) we found some Mitsubishi harnesses and computer parts in it.I would have expected to see MAZDA parts on it considering the joint probe/Mx6 project but to our surprise it had the DSM(Diamond Star Motors)(Mitsubishi) logo on it's parts .

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6868
i said that and didn't explain myself....

they have their downfalls. yes, but they last longer than any american made 6's and 4's....cough neon cavalier focus cough..

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 424
I say get a Subaru WRX since you tend to want speed. A 02,03,04 is nice. I prefer the 03's. I don't know if where you live the cars will be cheaper, but their kind of expensive in cali for a used one. around 15k. But with a WRX, drop in about 3grand or less and you'll smoke a stock STI.

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 270
scion tc is in the price range and can be tuned quite nicely. i got one and would love to tune it if i had the money.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1116
btw.. the reason you don't see many imports in the garage is cuz when they break down your better off shelling out a grand to buy a new car.. Lol ... when an import breaks down they either become scrap or a ghetto tuned that some teen picks up for cheap.. if your gonna buy out of the states get a german made car.. b!tch to work on but built very well.

if you like the rabbit why not look into the GTI? it is a hatch like your looking for and there are tons of after market parts for them

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6874
german cars are NOT built as well as you think. talk to a mechanic that has been around the block...VW's are one of the worst German cars. lol

Beamers and MB's are always in the shop....

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6875
i should have elaborated on that further as well.

the upper MB's and BMW's are NOT garbage...works of art to say the least...but the everyday cars they sell to the avg. american....will NOT last as long as a Honda or Toyota, and have never heard anything good about a VW from any of the mechanics around here...so to each their own.

Bronze Member
Username: Peterstv

Gainesville, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 41
yeah new VW sux if u get a VW, go with the old school, like a bus or somn.u could put an insane system in that.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 932
integra gsr or ls

civic ex 96 and up

toyota mrs turbo

honda s2000

subaru wrx

toyota celica

mitubishi eclipse either the new one or an older gsx/gst

thats just to name a few i would go with wit your budget, the all have a large amount of aftermarket parts to and they are or can be fast

Silver Member

Post Number: 933
integra gsr or ls

civic ex 96 and up

toyota mr2 turbo

honda s2000

subaru wrx

toyota celica

mitubishi eclipse either the new one or an older gsx/gst

thats just to name a few i would go with wit your budget, the all have a large amount of aftermarket parts to and they are or can be fast

Silver Member

Post Number: 934
best imports

Silver Member
Username: Xstokes88

San Antonio, Texas United states

Post Number: 119
i like my v8 lol..its a 02 mustang..and my dad has a 65 hard top gto...thats a great american car..

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1197
im gunna see if they will spend a lil more and get me an acura rsx..those things look so nice.

Bronze Member
Username: Zoomiebird

Post Number: 30
Those are the SH!T. type-s is my little dream car. i dont know much about car audio, but do know something about the cars the systems bumb in. i personally ride a '98 accord and i love it. i have killed small beamers, VWs, along with many others (i even got a mustang caught doing 95 in a 55, funny as he11 :-), and have had no problems with it. all you need is a cold air and exhaust and you get speed and wicked gas mileage (i get about 35+ on the highway with my 4vtec). oh and one other thing, don't be a pu$$y, get a manual in whatever car you choose!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
oh and on the tib, my buddy has one and that thing feels like plastic. everything from shifting to the int/ext body parts, feels like its gonna fall apart tomorrow.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1198
i want manual so badly...ive tried drivin manual b4 and i did alright for my first time.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1199
i just looked at the new honda civics and personally i dont like the look of them.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 793
American 100%.....I don't know why people say they break down all the time, me and my family have never had any problems with american cars and thats why we have never bought an import....buy a chrysler 300c...thats what i'm gettin soon...for under 30 k get an awesome luxury car..with all the top feautres and one fast car.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 794
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 277
my family got an '05 300 touring and its money. i love the car. but hes looking for about 15,000 so the chrysler is a lil much for him.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 796
well he doesn't have to get the touring or a 300c, he can get an 05 basic 300 for around 18

and your right they are money, lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
LOL that is CRAP!!! the man doesn't have 30k for a car thats gonna fall apart after 50k miles. for one thing, you have to pay three times as much for the SS than that civic. next, that civic is sooooo riced out, and looks like crap so not a good comparison. since when has no traction been a good thing? at current gas prices its not a bad thing to get more than the SS, which prolly gets about 11 mpg in prestine conditions. i've seen civics that can kill the SS on the 1/4. all in all your car is crap

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1325
so... does that mean chauncey respects renegade still? havent seen him back around this block..

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 503
Hey JC...last time I checked there were way more hot women in the Import scene(Hot Import Nights) I never saw many hot chicks at hot rod shows and such...another thing JC take your precious amaro and put it against a Subaru WRX or even an evo with the same amount of power and watch your precious Camaro get ripped to pieces.40MPG that means the engine is efficient lol.That's a good thing JC, efficiency is something we need from everything.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 504
*precious camaro

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 238
God, I hate arguing about cars on the internet. Everyone is so hell bent on whatever they like being so much better than the rest.

I like American cars personally. They tend to be larger and more comfortable in my opinion(i know someone is going to argue with me). They also tend to have more horsepower and torque.

On the downside they use more gas. This isn't that big a deal to me so mpg isn't a total deal breaker when buying a car. Also they have been getting better and some American vehicles actually get pretty decent gas mileage.

My dad has 120,000 miles on a 2002 Chevy Suburban and all we have had to do is replace the sparkplugs and rotate the tires. It all comes down to what you want. Buy the one that you like more. Import cars just generally don't appeal to me. Also Chevy now has a 100,00 mile warranty.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 242
Robert, chicks dig camaros just as much as jap cars. The girls at hot import nights are paid.

"i've seen civics that can kill the SS on the 1/4."

That is such a subjective thing to say. Sure it can kill the SS. After being super-charged and having tons of other various engine work and losing its "efficiency" that people like you claim make it so great.

Whatever you do to a civic you can do to a camaro. If you supercharge a civic to beat a camaro you can supercharge the camaro, and guess what it will once again beat the civic.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 797
Hey Robert, what do chicks have to do with cars again ?? just sounds like a weak argument to me. Anyways that chart was just a joke, didn't mean to have everyone start analyzing the thing. So what is your argument ? cause from that, doesn't seem like much.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 799
didnt go to the top

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6887
american cars are hit or miss when it comes to reliability...and i haven't seen nearly as many 81 Chevy's as i have 81 Honda's riding down the highway. lol

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 506
Well,JC,look at your image and then realize why I mentioned about HIN(Hot Import Nights).I don't see people laughing there...same when I go to local street race hangouts(Which are almost dead)I always see hot azz chicks checking out the guys with the bad azz modded imports.I see Camaro's,Stangs,Vettes and what not and nobody seems to care about them.I'm not really biased because I do like American cars but I've worked on quite a few American cars and it's just endless work it seems, as stock part after stock part falls apart.I never seem to have had that problem personally, with an Import.Even the master technicians at my old college would tell us how much better the Imports were.They mentioned how the Japanese take pride in their work and how most Americans just don't give a crap and half-azz everything.I'll tell you one thing...I sure as hell want to get one of the new Challengers when they come out,those are so sick :-)I wonder if I can fit a system in there :-)

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 801
Like I said the image was a joke, and again chicks have nothing to do with the reliability, perfromance, and looks of a car (which this whole conversation has been about). I've also worked on a lot of cars, and like I said earlier i've never had any problems with an american car that was below 350k. Other than the usual maintenance issues ie.brake pads and such. And yes the new challenger does look good, lol

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 312
Fact still remains. "So called", "american cars" are 75% rest of the world.

Since all but two of the so called imports are made in the US.......please, define "american"?

Still, no answer, no takers.

......and there wont be. I may not know sh!t about car audio, but for as long as my wife has worked for the auto industry, THIS much i have learned.

Its one big round robin now. Nothing like it used to be. If you still believe your 20yr or newer domestic, is in fact domestic, you are inbred, ignorant, or possibly both.

:-)

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 519
Damn I miss my Camaro!!!!Upload

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6890
Renegade brings that..."zest" to the forum.:-)

Silver Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 520
By the way, I'm looking to buy it back if anyone knows where I can find a 1988 5.7L Irocz-28 fully loaded with Dana rear and all options. Including T-tops and full power package. Color is open to availability. I miss my baby!!!!!!!Upload

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 317
Whats worse that watching a grown man cry?

Hearing a fat woman fa.rt .

When in doubt? eBay.

Silver Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 522
I know. I've tried. Either too far away or far too abused vehicles. I don't want a 200,000 mile car or one given to an overpriveledged kid. This car is becoming my fabled unicorn!!!! I've seen my baby restored at around $30,000!!! Too rich for my blood. I want a car that wasn't appreciated for what it was meant for, and not abused. Tall order I know. Until then I have to dream....Upload

Silver Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 523
Pisser is I got $3500 as a trade in for it on a 91' F150. I'd pay twice that to get it back!!!! My Ex-wife made me do it. She's history, so now I just HAVE to get my car back. Any love out there? Most of you are young, so ya'll don't feel my pain, but some of you can relate. Who else here had to get rid of something you love just cause it was told to you that it was the right thing to do? Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
wow! you gonna be alright? i mean, really like my car an' all, but dam...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us