OT>Went to comp. today

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 629
Hey guys, went to Marshall Whites comp today at Hooters. Just went to check things out, and see what happened. Was pretty cool, had about 15 entries. Most of them, I was not too impressed...anywhere from mid 120's to high 130's. However, there were a couple that made it into the 140's. And one made it up to 150. The one that hit 150 was a silver SUV (bronco, if I remember right)...with eight 12's and 2-1000watt amps. Somebody said that he used to have the same setup, but with 4-1000watt amps....sure wish I could have heard that. Kinda feel sorry for the guy that was putting the mic in, his ears were hurting, and he didn't get in the bronco for its second run. I didnt stay long enough to see how Marshalls truck did, but I stood next to it, before the comp. and with that 15 hitting hard, I could feel the waves of pressure coming out the open door. They took video and pics, so maybe he will post them, and post some more info.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1621
did you take any pics?

Silver Member

Post Number: 630
i dint have a camera, but Marshall and his crew did. maybe they will post them later

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1100
they better.. kinda sucks that the turn out was not good.. some of our local shows don't turn out many but we see better numbers than that.. at least mid 130s but the range for amatuer is normally 140-150.. some of the pros are doing 160s

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3457
The comp had a decent turn out...some of the guys that were supposed to come from down south didnt show though. There was a sactioned Usaci event down their way.

I only had 13 entries, but ALOT reruns and quite a few spectators.

Class 1 (2 10's or 1 12"):
Daniel---140.5
Justin---138.6
Kyle---138.4
Jeffrey---133.3

Class 2 (3 10's, 2 12's, or 1 15")
David---141.1
Renee---137.8
Garrett---136.7

Class 3 (open)
Ron (the silver blazer)---150.3
Dustin---141.3
Patrick---139.7
Michael---138.6
Daniel---138.0

Class 4 (30sec average on music):
Renee---134.4

Ron's blazer was nice. I talked to him and he is prolly going to 4 autotech 1400.1's soon. He had 8 12's in a sealed V-wall.

He did 149.5 his first run w/ my friend Garrett holding the meter, I got in the truck hand held it for the second run. I got him to lean his seats up and he did that 150.3. :-) fun fun

Garrett isn't used to all that bass, he rides in my truck some times but never gets blasted back to back like that. lmao

I will post pics in a few days. I didnt take pics but a friend did.

Oh...and btw, I only did 146.7dB, but i peaked at 41-42hz. My new box is tuned WAY too low to burp in my truck. Its a daily beater for now...I built it thursday and this was the first time i metered it. Its 4.5cuft w/ 4 4" flares. Tunes to ~37hz if i remember currectly. I'm going to shorten the ports and get my peak back up to ~50-52hz sooner or later. Should be interesting then.

The next comp will prolly be at Desaird Pawn in Monroe. They are swapping from a pawn shop to an audio shop pretty soon and are very interested in getting the comp scene going again around here. They just picked up Memphis, Autotech, and MTX...and they want me to help em out w/ a demo car.

I want to try and get a comp going every 5th week or so around here. Once word gets out about comps being around again, i will have more people attending.

Oh...and wolfman, how did you like that DD? :-)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3458
oh...and usually the closest comp to Monroe is about a 2-hour drive.

This was the first comp in town in 4-5yrs.

Anyways...i ate so many chicken stips that i thought i was gonna die....and i'm bout to go heat up my leftovers :-)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9395
dont die man..lol

nice...there was only 1 person in Class 4???

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9396
and pics please!!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3460
yea...only 1 person in class 4, every1 just wanted to burp. They didnt realy understant the 30sec average thing.

I'll post pics monday or tuesday...i have to get them from my friend.

Silver Member

Post Number: 631
hey marshall, yeah, the dd was sweet....d@mn loud too...and the pressure I felt...I cant believe it wasn't louder, but getting 146.7db out of just one sub is d@mn good if you ask me

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6801
definitely need pics guys. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 632
i dont need pics...I was there....lol....oh I forgot, I cheated on my wife with the blazer...lol, I was leaning up against it to feel the bass, and my groin came in contact with the body....and it vibrated me.....woooohooooo!!

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1629
LMFAO^^^

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6810
holy crap....you adulterer.......haha

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 247
"Held the mic".

Audio Control?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1105
I'm pretty sure he uses TL .. the TL we use you can hold..

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3461
We ran outlaw w/ my TL.
Meter in the passenger side kick....like USACi but no globe.

A few people opt-ed to go legal though. Pretty much everyone just had daily beaters.

For daily, some of the installs were nice. There was a yellow Z that was very nice! And the guy that won class 1 ran 2 10's in a ext cab ranger if i remember correctly.

Everyone there was asking when the next comp would be....maybe i can get SPL back on its feet in northeast Louisiana.

Oh...and wolfman, the reason my DD felt really loud was because it was peaking at a pretty low note. My truck likes ~50hz for SPL though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 633
hey marshall, stole this little thing from another post but I think its true about your DD

Upload

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3462
yea....Tamu over on the USACi board uses that in his sig.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us