Amp for Fi -Q 18"

Username: Link

MIAMI, Florida United states

Post Number: 1
Wats up guys ima noob and my cuz told me this was a good form well i had my car for a while and trying 2 start my audio system .... ok i am getting a Fi -Q 18" and was looking for a good amp to push it i found this 1 but was hoping on sum feed bak if it was good or anything if u have any other suggestion it would be helpful

this iz the amp i found .... -MEMPHIS 16-MCD1000 MONO AMP thznk -dale-

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1582
whats the voice coil config?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1583
oh, and how much do you want to spend on an amp?

Post Number: 2
its a dual 2 ohm

Post Number: 3
IDK 5-6 hundred ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1585
the memphis is a good amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1586
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=424
cheaper on ebay.

Post Number: 4
the amp pushes 1100 would the q take it ???

im only getting 1 18" Q should i get a
sealed or ported box ??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1587
http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-Audio-1000-1-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ120039629325QQihZ002QQcat egoryZ79827QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Post Number: 1588
the q should have no problem taking it. i would build a 4-5cuft box tuned to 32hz for that sub.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 595
i have an eD NINe.1 amp that i will sale for 265 shipped. bought it 9/1/2006 but i need the money so im selling it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1589
this is another great amp
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=44

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 596
yea buy mine lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1590
yes get his NINe.1

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 597
www.freshinstall.net/amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1591
theres a thread called FS: RE SX15 and Memphis MC1000D, its right under this one. take a look. you might want his amp

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1096
Depends on what your looking for out of that Q.. its going to have good SQ either way but if you want strickly SQ go sealed.. If you want it to be boomier I'd build 6^3 tuned to 28hz.. more SQL then tune to 35hz

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 130
if u have the honda accord... getting a 18" woofer in that trunk... id go sealed. if you go ported a single 12 will PERFORM. if u have 1000-1500 watts a single 12" q will take it. needless to say 1 q will shine with 1000 watts. try tuning at 28 hz for sq (gets nutty loud regardless) at 35 hz the q will still drop that BOTTOM! have fun and good luck!

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6136
you can't fit a 18 q in the trunk of a honda accord. according to scott you need around 6-8 cu ft for that sub. take out the backseat like i did.

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 237
If you go for the 15in Q i think the box size will be cut in half, and should be almost as loud and probably have more sq

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
there u go... hopefully this sheds light on things. as far as the sealed 18" box you are right... that's why they have poly fill! lol but i think a smaller sub for his application is better. what ever floats the boat. have fun! DIYers rule!!

Post Number: 5
so if i go sealed i could get the 18"?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2050
if u dont care about money u can get a phoenix gold 1200.1 if u want same quiality and alil less watts cuz the phoenix its underated by alot the 1000/1 1 will be fine but more expensive, if u have low budget u can get a hifonics bxi1600d it will easily give you 1300-1350 rms at 1 ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
yes but beware! for an 18" sealed it's like what chad said... if u really want the 18" build a half wall or a full one.< if u go ported.( big isn't always better. ) 1 12" q in the right box in ur trunk will do some damage... TRUST ME! tell us what u want(specific designs n ideas what u may want to do...) and im sure other peeps will fill u in... i'll check back on this post but good luck!

Bronze Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 91
shoot, i want that NINe.1
mr.kebo, you have an email i can get ahold of you at?

Bronze Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 92
shoot, i want that NINe.1
mr.kebo, you have an email i can get ahold of you at?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2638
? who is ur cousin does he go to this site regularly

Silver Member
Username: Serius

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 173
we measured the trunk and the 18 wont fit so we are thinkin of getting 1 15" Q..are goal is to beat a 12" L7 powered by a 600.1 kicker amp and possibly the guy might get a second 12 so thats wut "link" wants to do is beat his friend

Username: Imperial_designs

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 7
well if you interested in some options, let me know I can get you pleanty of woofers to slughter that woofer. whats you budget, musical peferences, price range, and what car do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1206
i would love to know what woofer you would suggest under 300 to slaughter the Q, every
un biased review i have read has said that SQ is on par with older XXX and it hits the lows nicely

Silver Member

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 174
so what speaker/amp setup u think to beat his freinds setup which is a 12" L7 04 model powered by a 600.1 kicker amp and his friend might get a second amp/speaker

Silver Member

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 175
bump!!

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1211
he never came back lol, maybe he doesnt no of many

Silver Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 353
id like to hear these...???

doktah i dont think he knows of any...

Bronze Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 14
DD 3500
mag d2 15
audioque 3.0
massive DMX
cadence daytona

Silver Member

Iowa US

Post Number: 354
whats the matter joel...cat caught your tongue??:-)

Silver Member

Iowa US

Post Number: 355
lmao^^^...i was a lil late on that one

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1215
ok, whats an audioque 3.0 i no quite a bit about there products but this one is new to me
and where can i find a mag 12 for under $300 same goes for the 3500 and the DMX may have more output but i doubt the SQ is on par you gave me a list of subs that are hardly designed for the same application as the Q

try again joel

Silver Member

Iowa US

Post Number: 356
id like to know what this audioque 3.0 is?? new to me??

lmao

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1226
bump for a decent list

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6148
joel links to the sites that sell those subs you mentioned for under $300.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1227
thats gonna be hard to do chad lol, i dont think you can find a mag for under 300, and it will be really hard to find the AQ 3.0 because it doesnt exist ROFL

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 6151
ummm ok doktah. thanks for clearing that up. *shaking my head saying what a jerk doc is*

jk man. lol. hahahahahahaha

Bronze Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 16
look man. im not here to fight but if you wnat to play stupid i can do so to man. really you don't want to embarrse yourself and i don't want to down anyone so i will reframe from posting the like. I can promise you a few woofers under 300 will compete all damn day.

you have NO clue what your talking about. you don't rep FI nor are you capibable of arguing for them. in sheer proformance there are many.

Bronze Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 17
ok again this is becoming disgusting. www.audioque.com like i said the price is a reflection of many other aspects.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1229
d@mn what took so long, wait, you went and put your tough pants on and now your back lol, but your right, i dont rep FI and i dont want to argue for them. I was interested in what else could compare to them for the price.First you suggest subs that arent really comparable in certain fields and now you make vague references to subs that will beat it. Quit promising me woofers just show me them lol quit stalling so you can find out some good ones and I also know the webisite for AQ pretty well and I'm not seeing a 3.0. I am by no means an expert and I am not trying to sound like one but you are bashing a good company with no intelligence behind your arguments at all.

Bronze Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 20
lmfao, dude your a dork. i wasn't even talking about the FI i was talking about the kicker. you really have no clue man. could you just shut up? or you could challenge me to some kind of test if you need proof!!?? second i have company over and other things to do besides argue with a couple mindless people over the net. they are called the HD3 or 3.0 and the 2.0 and 2.5 for the size of the VC. trust me i know more and your own woofer than you would imagne.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1230
o d@mn i'm sorry lol, i thought you meant the Q cuz i have seen your name in a few other Q threads, my bad dude, I also have never heard an HD referred to a 3.0, you can tell by name i know what an HD3 is i feel like an a$s man. I hope you can forgive me

Bronze Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 24
well people jsut jump to conculsions fast. i understand trust me. i have been doing very basic installs since i was about 13 years old. ill be 21 soon, and still have MUCH to learn. the FIs seem to be nice and scott says he uses high quatitly american parts. I honestly believe him too. there are many woofers that would give the Q a run for its money, but the Qs design is somewhat different and will require a different applciaton. the Q is a great sealed box woofer with plenty of throw. while the mag is designed around doing several differnct applications and doing so very good. honestly i wouldn't compare the Q to the mag. as there 2 different woofers but for phucks sake you can. just don't expect the Q to "better" the mag. i don't mean its not good but the mag is a designs that has been around for years and is a very good design. its easily capiblble of handling 3Kw burps and putting up workld record numbers or sounding excellent amount the best but it comes at a cost. FI seems to have a good way of production. offers a good product at an outstanding price. And I applaud them for doing so.

Silver Member

Iowa US

Post Number: 364
bump for u that havent seen it...^^^pretty interesting

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_fleming

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 41
Hey Shawn, that Memphis would work very nice for a Q ;)

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2359
anything with 1200wrms would work, sx1250.1 comes to mind, but as far as a sub comparable to the Q around the same price the AA arsenal comes to mind, and maybe the crystal comp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us