Crossfire XT2's are kinda loud...

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 265
so that is the speaker i bought a little while back, the basket was cracked on 2 of the 10 or 12 legs and after hooking it up to test the spider came unglued... shitty, but i just gorilla glued the crap out of the spider and its not going anywhere now... anyway, im only running a 400 watt 2 channel hifonics zeus amp to it and it gets quite loud, im waiting on a 1600 watt brutus for it though so it will get louder... soul surviver by young jeezy flexes my grand cherokee pretty good...

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1577
are they ported or sealed?

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
its just one 12"... ported, tuned to 36hz, 3 cubes... and i only paid 60 for the speaker and its so heavy that Andy F couldnt lift it...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1579
lol. whats the rms?

Silver Member

Post Number: 267
1300wrms haha... ok heres a pic, total mock up right now, the unpainted amp rack will be enclosed on both sides and angle up slightly, in the middle of the box and painted to match the box and put the soundstream grill back on... this is all temporary till income tax and i will use both brutus' i have to run 2 15"s, prolly Fi Qs or something in that general price range...

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1581
looks good. you defiantly need a bigger amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
ya for sure... ill see how well gorilla glue holds with another 1000 watts hopefully monday... :-) for now im going to my shop to tidy up some wiring under my hood...

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1097
I've got a 15" Memphis LVS that I used gorilla glue to repair.. reglued one of the spiders and re-glue the entire rubber surround. The basket was broke on this as well but with a 3 inch piece missing on the top where the surround connects. It may be ghetto but I repaired that with a paint stirring stick, cut to place and glued with gorilla glue. The sub saw 1160rms and didn't fall apart but shortly after I fixed that my SX came back from a recone.. Gotta love gorilla glue though!

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
yeah, its weird glue to use, did you use water like it says? when the water and glue start to harden its like a weld man... but yeah, with it in the box it really reinforces the basket and keeps it still, and the spiders not going anywhere now, so... :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us