GlassWolf - Slot Ported Boxes on Ebay - From previous post

Username: 8trackkid

San Luis Obispo, Ca USA

Post Number: 10
Dear GlassWolf,

I was reading another recent thread where you were talking about the Slot Ported boxes available on E-bay for $40. I checked those boxes out, and they are a perfect internal volume fit for my sub's recommended internal volume (it's a Bazooka EL 12" sub off of an Punch 100.2, about 190RMS/380Peak). I know its not an ED or RE or W7, but its what I've got right now. I have always gone sealed but would like to try something different.

How are these boxes? The port should be tuned to the box volume, not the sub, correct? I liked the way the sub sounded at Circuit City in a box that was too small and tuned way too high, so I'm hoping to get the best of both world's with a 36hz ported 12".

Any help you can give me will be much appreciated... Thanks :-) !!!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2856
yeah box vent is tuned to the volume by the dimensions of the port.

here's the box:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39777&item=3095626001&rd= 1&ssPageName=WDVW

Bronze Member
Username: 8trackkid

San Luis Obispo, Ca USA

Post Number: 12
Thanks for the help. I'll try the box and am planning on setting the sub-sonic filter at 37Hz, 18db/octave.

I'm curious to see how much music I'll miss that gets reproduced below the 35Hz area. Guess I'm just used to sealed subs, but I'm excited to try something new.

Thanks... :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us