Db question

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 205
ok right now i have 1 12in cvr... its loud as f@ck. well maybe not to u guys but it is to me. lol. ok i heard if ya get another sub u gain 3db. is it true? so i havent got it metered yet (hopefully tomorrow). but say im hittin 130.with another id hit 133 and another 136. right? cuz i wanted to get 1 or maybe 2 more. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1520
you gain 3dB by doubling power or number of speakers.

you would need 3 more speakers to gain 6dB not 2 more speakers. you can also "mix and match" and add 1 more sub and another amp, to get +6dB.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1625
lets say @ 400 watts to one sub ur hittin 130 with one more sub but both gettin 200 each...400 total..youd get 133 dbs, to get 136, youd need 3 more subs, or one more sub and 400 more watts

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 207
ok thanks... you guys answered my question perfect. im gonna try to get it metered tomorrow. i hope its in the 130's. cuz i have it in a 2.5^ft box tuned to 35hz. it sounds good and is really loud. i luv this sub its so cheap and its so loud.lol do u guys think i could b hittin 130's. btw its got bout 800wrms to it.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1090
800wrms on a CVR would toast it for daily.. it might hold up for a 3second burp with that power but if I'm not mistaken they are only rated 400wrmsat is the coil config and amp you are running now? We could tell you what your actually putting to it...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us